setting DHCP reservations
corkbuster2

How do I set DHCP reservations on my Quqntum Gateway router?   Currently, I am only able to view them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: setting DHCP reservations
4am
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since this is the top post if you search google for "DHCP Reservation Quantum Gateway" i feel this deserves a real answer.

You will need to know the MAC address of the device you want to configure to recieve a consistent IP from the Quantum Router's DHCP server.

1. Go to Advanced->IP Address Distribution (under the "Routing" section)
  2. Click on the big red "Connection List >" button at the bottom. THIS IS THE CONFUSING PART. This button appears to be a "Save" or "Apply" button for this screen, but it actually takes you deeper, to a DHCP Connections list
  3. On the DHCP Connections page, you can EITHER:
    • Click on the "Edit" link next to an existing DHCP lease, and then onthe detail page that comes up, check off the box for "Static Lease Type" and then "Apply >"
    • Scroll to the bottom and click on "Add static connection +" and fill out the host name, IP address, and MAC address on the next page, then click "Apply >"

Hopefully this will help somoene out there navigate to this common-but-hard-to-find feature. I get that Verizon wants a consistent and well-branded interface, but they should probably think about making their workflows more consistent, as there are many times where the visual language doesn't match the actual functions being presented. Hope this saves someone some time and/or from pulling out their hair!

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@corkbuster wrote:

How do I set DHCP reservations on my Quqntum Gateway router?   Currently, I am only able to view them.

I think what you are referring to QOS (Quality of Service) I don't believe the Quantum G1100 Router has that functionality set on.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/networking/user+guides/user+guides...

In the below post it states it is not supported on the G1100

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30491344-G-1100-QOS

Good Luck

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the op is referring to static IPS that are delivered by dhcp,

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I believe the op is referring to static IPS that are delivered by dhcp,

I was thinking that originally. When I was using Time Warner I set my devices to connect to the same IP address each time. This was done through QOS. However in my own router not the G1100 doing QOS is possible. 

Unless a customer pays through the nose nose for a permanent DNS I believe the only way to do what the poster wants is through QOS.

but you may be right in your estimation of the customers post.

0 Likes
4am
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since this is the top post if you search google for "DHCP Reservation Quantum Gateway" i feel this deserves a real answer.

You will need to know the MAC address of the device you want to configure to recieve a consistent IP from the Quantum Router's DHCP server.

1. Go to Advanced->IP Address Distribution (under the "Routing" section)
  2. Click on the big red "Connection List >" button at the bottom. THIS IS THE CONFUSING PART. This button appears to be a "Save" or "Apply" button for this screen, but it actually takes you deeper, to a DHCP Connections list
  3. On the DHCP Connections page, you can EITHER:
    • Click on the "Edit" link next to an existing DHCP lease, and then onthe detail page that comes up, check off the box for "Static Lease Type" and then "Apply >"
    • Scroll to the bottom and click on "Add static connection +" and fill out the host name, IP address, and MAC address on the next page, then click "Apply >"

Hopefully this will help somoene out there navigate to this common-but-hard-to-find feature. I get that Verizon wants a consistent and well-branded interface, but they should probably think about making their workflows more consistent, as there are many times where the visual language doesn't match the actual functions being presented. Hope this saves someone some time and/or from pulling out their hair!

talldarkhandsome

Thank you.  I was looking all over for this so i could set up a raspberry pi running a vpn server

0 Likes
jiminannva
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me.  I use a wireless network to access my HP Officejet Pro printer.  If the IP address changes the PCs from which you try to print can't find the printer.  Making the address assignment permanent using the above technique prevents the IP address from changing.  

I just went in, found the entry for my printer, and made the IP address assignment permanent.

Very nice!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes