slow download speeds
cjh6294

I have the FIOS 20/20 plan, and recently my download speeds are extremely slow, though upload speeds seem fine.  If I run a speed test from speedtest.net, I only get 2000kbps. My upload speed however, is close to the rated 20000kbps.  If I run the FIOS speed test, http://www2.verizon.net/micro/speedtest/java/, the performance is far worse, downloads, .344mbps, but the upload speed once again is close to 20Mbps.

I have tried restarting my router, and switching between wireless and wired connection, but neither made a difference.  I just had my service setup last week, and the first few days it was fine, all the speed tests I ran were close to 20Mbps upload and download.  Lately though performance is much slower.

0 Likes
Re: slow download speeds
threepac3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a similar issue in Massachusetts. I have the 20/20 service but my upload speed has become incredibly unstable, since the last IP change. I have tested the upload speed to between 130kbitps ~ 13mbitps. When I use Speedtest.net its says my connection is now located in the Mid-West. I have done a "ping google.com -t", and I can see periodic timeouts. When I try to load webpages they either come up slow or timeout. I tried restarting the router and release and renewing the IP. Same IP same problem...

What should I do now?

0 Likes