so frustrating!
cdallabetta1

Your high speed internet SUCKS. I want fios. i've been waiting patiently for 6 months for it to come to my area, which is a normally populated area, not somewhere out in the middle of nowhere. I have Dish network and want to switch to fios. I WILL NOT use direct tv because i hate dish and i know it will just be the same. BRING FIOS TO MORE AREAS ALREADY!

This doesn't require some automated or pretyped response about all the other packages you have. I know what you have, I don't need you to tell me my other options. I just wanted to voice my need for fios in my area.

0 Likes
Re: so frustrating!
Sjpvac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Be glad you don't have FIOS in your area. Twice I have been scheduled for installation and no one showed up after waiting all day. You can't get any worse service than this.

0 Likes
Re: so frustrating!
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@cdallabetta wrote:

... I want fios. i've been waiting patiently for 6 months for it to come to my area ... BRING FIOS TO MORE AREAS ALREADY! ...

This is a peer-to-peer support forum where volunteer users try to help others in the same boat. I'm sure you're already aware that the only thing you can do is maintain contact with Verizon Communications and hope for the best. Frankly I don't think they're in expansion mode just now with respect to capital expenditure for FiOS infrastructure. Recent press reports indicate that the emphasis now is on expanding in the wireless area rather than the "bricks and mortar" business of FiOS networks.

The current FiOS coverage is in part a corporate decision, but in addition where I live these same corporations have to jump through several hoops to become certified suppliers. In NJ there was a period during which Verizon had to apply to each separate municipality to obtain permitting (i.e., no state-wide permits). As I recall this was eventually overcome despite a ferocious fight by Comcast. A bit later we started noticing Verizon crews laying wire.
Aside, it's interesting to read your appeal for expansion of coverage, and then see it juxtaposed with posts castigating the service.  In my view there is no better technical solution just now, but at the same time we will always encounter customer-related situations that can be addressed more effectively.  Laying wire is expensive, and employee training is expensive.  Heck, everything is expensive.