so many problems after downloading verizon internet suite!!
cjlion

After downloading the verizon internet suite , i am having some major issues with my computer that i have never had in the 3 years that i have had it. Actually , i have never had problems with my computer or any of the anti spyware and anti virus programs that i have had for it. now that i downloaded the software from verizon, the biggest problem is that my computer will just shut down in the middle of something or shortly after start up. i have also tried doing some custimized scans and it just shut down right in the middle of it. i have an acer inspire with vista and after downloading it , everytime i start up i have a little box in bottom left corner that says eRecovery agent and the only thing u can do is close it. the only thing i know about it , is that it has something to do with acer but i can't find the eRecovery anywhere else on my computer. when i have problems with it shutting down at start up it will continue to do it everytime until i start it up with out the ethernet cable and then i plug it back in. This is so frustrating that i am ready to throw my computer threw verizons main office window. Seriously, this has caused so many problems and i have already unistalled the other program i had previously and now i am stuck. Can someone please give me some advise

0 Likes
Re: so many problems after downloading verizon internet suite!!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would

#1 dump the Verizon Internet Suite.

a) Including stop paying for it.

#2 Then use avast (or your favorite anti-virus scanner),and Spybot Search and Destroy (or your favorite anti-spyware program).

0 Likes
PGJK
Enthusiast - Level 3

cjlion, I too started having problems with the Verizon Internet Suite Smiley Mad .. I believe its mostly because its really MCrappie Internet Suite versioned for VerizonSmiley Surprised. The previous suite had Kaspersky AntiVirus at its core, Raxco Disk services for maintainance, Sana Security and Radialpoint software for firewall & internet connectionSmiley Happy. I only had one major con with this suite and it was that the firewall was not fully configurable, it had sufficient control over the usual hack attack ports of entry but was very unfriendly user configurations. I had to google up everything that was written just to figure out exactly what they were referring to. Now I'm no genius but setting up a firewall had to be easier than this. The end result is that which I couldn't control at the computer end, I fortified control at the routerSmiley Wink. I was virtually invisible even Verion tech support could see me until I wanted them toSmiley Very Happy. Anyway this new version is crapola and dslr595148 is right on the #1 answerSmiley Wink, however I caution you on the #2 answer as Avast's last best version of Antivirus was 8.0 (I'm serious ...visit the tech forums ...they hadn't built a better version since then ...and from the forum complaints you can expect more of the same problems you have now). Spybot is a great bet though even with the suiteSmiley Very Happy ...occassional it remove some of the olde suite's files but the diagnostics within the suite itself usually remedied the problemSmiley Indifferent. I still use Spybot as a backup scanner to get whatever got through pkus its has a nice shredder feature to completely remove files & traces exceeding the required specification by the U.S. Department of Defense. Nice little feature also when you finally toss that old hard drive.Smiley Very Happy

*********************************************************************************************************
dslr595148 

I would

#2 Then use avast (or your favorite anti-virus scanner),and Spybot Search and Destroy (or your favorite anti-spyware program).
*********************************************************************************************************

...NOW the only problem you and I really have is finding a firewall that doesn't require a computer engineer's degree to setup it up properlySmiley Mad. Let me know if you hear of one that actually works too.Smiley Sad

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dslr595148 wrote:

I would

I second this

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

First make sure that there are no other AV programs on your computer. Even inactive ones. If there is another loaded on the computer, even inactive, you will have issues.

If you do have another on the computer, do a system restore to prior to the VISS install, then remove the old AV and then reinstall the VISS.

Now even though there are some on this board that are biased against the McAfee, its really an undeserved rep. There are Millions of people that use McAfee (it is the second largest AV software out right now after all) with no issues what so ever.

Now having said that, I personally prefer AVG myself. But thats mostly because I'm a penny pincher and refuse to pay for something I can get for free.  Smiley Very Happy