some trouble with packet loss

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

some trouble with packet loss

Message 1 of 4
(1,485 Views)

It randomly started occuring yesterday when I was in a CS game. I pinged to google using my pc (ethernet) and got 30-40 percent packet loss. I pinged using a mac laptop and also got packet loss. 

He are my ping plotter results after about 10 minutes.

I have reset the ONT box and restarted the router. I have been avoiding doing a full pin reset on the router until I am sure that it is necessary, I just wanted to get your guys input on what I should do here.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: some trouble with packet loss

Message 2 of 4
(1,449 Views)

It looks like you have frontier service, not Verizon.

If that is true, you will need to go to their forums.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 2 of 4
(1,450 Views)

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 3 of 4
(1,397 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

Using network-tools.com, Confirmed that 47.148.64.1, 172.102.100.0 and 74.40.26.254 is/are part of Frontier.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(99 Views)

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.