speedtest.verizon.net does not quantify speed of internet access
kreutz1

Like many this morning, my FIOS 50/50 internet was essentially dead.  Yet speedtest.verizon.net (which routes one to my.verizon.com/services/speedtest) was telling me that everything is great: I'm getting 60/49 internet.  Not!!  In reality, google.com and speedtest.net wouldn't even load(!), yet this tool said that my connection was blazingly fast.

The technician I spoke with had no idea what speedtest.verizon.net actually measures, but it's obviously not the speed of my internet connection!

Verizon is not well served by using a tool that inaccurately (or falsely) measures internet speed.  Nor are we well served, as their customers.

0 Likes
Re: speedtest.verizon.net does not quantify speed of internet access
speedland

Verizon is just as bad as time warner was a couple of years ago i had the same problem this morning the internet was dead there speed test is lieing about fast service dont belive verizon hype thats why there giving away 300 dollars gift cards to sign up once they got you  you are stuck with there contract and 175.00 fee if you leave

0 Likes
Re: speedtest.verizon.net does not quantify speed of internet access
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon's speed test being fast is proof that at least some part of the middle mile network, and the last mile network is fine. Usually, if the speed test is fine yet everything else is garbage, it is a backbone problem affecting more than just your connection.