Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

switching from comcast help

clown28
Contributor
Contributor

switching from comcast help

Message 1 of 3
(1,667 Views)

I'm little confused about process I'm doin self install kit

Cancelling comcast later today will receive install kit by Thursday hopefully

I have two coax cables in my living room one that didn't work with comcast and the other that I used and it worked 

Which one should I use and I do have the verizon fios box out front on connected to my house but I'm not sure if that one is connected to the wire that wouldn't work with comcast

Any help would be appreciated thanks

2 REPLIES 2
eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: switching from comcast help

Message 2 of 3
(1,617 Views)

The answer to your question seems pretty obvious to me...use the coax cable that worked. Smiley Wink

Assuming you're getting FiOS TV, Internet, and phone service, you'll need coax run from the ONT to any TV's and to the router Verizon will provide to you. 

Telephone RJ-11 cable will have to run from the ONT to the phone cabling in your house.

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: switching from comcast help

Message 3 of 3
(1,600 Views)

@clown28 wrote:

I'm little confused about process I'm doin self install kit

Cancelling comcast later today will receive install kit by Thursday hopefully

I have two coax cables in my living room one that didn't work with comcast and the other that I used and it worked 

Which one should I use and I do have the verizon fios box out front on connected to my house but I'm not sure if that one is connected to the wire that wouldn't work with comcast

Any help would be appreciated thanks

My guess would be that one that didn't work with comcast is connected to the fios ont in your house.

If you are doing a self install verizon would appear to believe that you are already wired.  Connect the router they give you to the the non comcast coax and see if it connects.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title