switching from comcast help
clown28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm little confused about process I'm doin self install kit

Cancelling comcast later today will receive install kit by Thursday hopefully

I have two coax cables in my living room one that didn't work with comcast and the other that I used and it worked 

Which one should I use and I do have the verizon fios box out front on connected to my house but I'm not sure if that one is connected to the wire that wouldn't work with comcast

Any help would be appreciated thanks

0 Likes
Re: switching from comcast help
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The answer to your question seems pretty obvious to me...use the coax cable that worked. Smiley Wink

Assuming you're getting FiOS TV, Internet, and phone service, you'll need coax run from the ONT to any TV's and to the router Verizon will provide to you. 

Telephone RJ-11 cable will have to run from the ONT to the phone cabling in your house.

0 Likes
Re: switching from comcast help
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@clown28 wrote:

I'm little confused about process I'm doin self install kit

Cancelling comcast later today will receive install kit by Thursday hopefully

I have two coax cables in my living room one that didn't work with comcast and the other that I used and it worked 

Which one should I use and I do have the verizon fios box out front on connected to my house but I'm not sure if that one is connected to the wire that wouldn't work with comcast

Any help would be appreciated thanks

My guess would be that one that didn't work with comcast is connected to the fios ont in your house.

If you are doing a self install verizon would appear to believe that you are already wired.  Connect the router they give you to the the non comcast coax and see if it connects.

0 Likes