tech support customer service unsatisfactory feedback
tanaybose

I have been using a verizon fios connection for a decent period of time now and there has been an outage with the internet connection since the last one week, Upon request for a tech support on Monday (07/11/2016), I was guaranteed an appointment on Wednesday (07/13/2016) at the earliest. However, nobody actually turned up and neither did I get any call mentioning that due to some reason the appointment woud be cancelled. On confirmation I found out that the complaint ticket was closed without any specific reason. Thereby, I rescheduled for an appointment today again (Thursday, 07/14/2016).

Considering that I have a normal 9-5 work schedule like a lot of other people in this country, (and I presume Verizon caters to a very large number of customers as they advertise)  I mentioned it time and again to request for an appointment anytime after 5:00 pm of the day. I was indeed promised for such on both the occasions. Apparently the person on the other end of the customer service helpline made a note of such. I continously kept following up as to what time would the tech support guy come and I was told everytime that he was getting delayed due to his previous job (which is still understandable). What raises the question is, shouldn't have there been an intimation of such telling me about the delay? Why should the customer need to go through a 15 minute IVRS only to know that there is a delay.

Then after 8:00 pm I get to know that the tech support guy will not be able to make it again today. So apparently they simply have to postpone the appointment by another day!! Also I was told that no one can guarantee that the tech support guy will actually be able to make it to my place after 5:00 pm. So what do Verizon customers in USA who have a 9-5 work schedule do when such a situation arise? Take leave from their work and sit back home waiting for hours and hours for someone to stop by? Especially when no one has the courtesy to inform beforehand if there is going to be a delay or a cancellation of the request? I believe a call-back for the same reason is protocol; which never happened in my case!! Then why do they ask for a call-back number and also a secondary call-back number when there is no practice of the same?! From my experience a customer has to follow up for every half an hour if the service is actually going to be rendered or not?! That is ridiculous and frustating at the same time for anyone.

Someone on the other end of the customer service might say "I apologize for your inconvenience!!", but that does not bring me back the time and days I am spending waiting for you guys! And every time it is a new person on the phone who makes a new promise which a customer is bound to rely on because he/she doesn't have any other option, but that never works out for sure!! 

Is there at all any protocol which is being followed? If one tech support guy cannot make it to a place for more than 2 days then should there not be a back up person who should be able to take it up eventually? What if the sequence of events repeat tomorrow again? I stand in a condition where I do not have an internet connection at my place for over a week and I am compelled to wait for the service for half a week! Unwilling as I might be, but if this gets repeated again for the n'th time, I shall have to submit the Verizon connection for good henceforth.

Complaint ticket number: [removed for privacy]

0 Likes
Re: tech support customer service unsatisfactory feedback
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tanaybose,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes