temporary shut down
parntlgudnce18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an adult step child living in my home who does not feel the need to be an adult. I would like to know if its possible to shut down my tv and internet during work hours. I'm fine with leaving the phone on for incoming calls for jobs in the event that he goes and looks for one. Anybody know what I can do other than unplyg everything, everday!

0 Likes
Re: temporary shut down
jonjones1
Legend

@parntlgudnce18 wrote:

I have an adult step child living in my home who does not feel the need to be an adult. I would like to know if its possible to shut down my tv and internet during work hours. I'm fine with leaving the phone on for incoming calls for jobs in the event that he goes and looks for one. Anybody know what I can do other than unplyg everything, everday!

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

Set up parental controls in the router via the 192.168.1.1 and login and do it that way or use the Fios app which is free for android or iOS devices. Very easy.

on the TV set top box there should be a similar setup but I don’t use their tv service so you would have to find that feature in settings.

Re: temporary shut down
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an option under Parental controls on Quantum STB to lock out STB during particular times of day.