Switch Account

temporary shut down

Contributor parntlgudnce18
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(810 Views)

I have an adult step child living in my home who does not feel the need to be an adult. I would like to know if its possible to shut down my tv and internet during work hours. I'm fine with leaving the phone on for incoming calls for jobs in the event that he goes and looks for one. Anybody know what I can do other than unplyg everything, everday!

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(784 Views)

@parntlgudnce18 wrote:

I have an adult step child living in my home who does not feel the need to be an adult. I would like to know if its possible to shut down my tv and internet during work hours. I'm fine with leaving the phone on for incoming calls for jobs in the event that he goes and looks for one. Anybody know what I can do other than unplyg everything, everday!

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

Set up parental controls in the router via the 192.168.1.1 and login and do it that way or use the Fios app which is free for android or iOS devices. Very easy.

on the TV set top box there should be a similar setup but I don’t use their tv service so you would have to find that feature in settings.

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(747 Views)

There is an option under Parental controls on Quantum STB to lock out STB during particular times of day.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.