trying to find out if something is wrong
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

i have the 35/35 plan since nov and for months on visual ware my speed would test at 43/38 or 39 download is still good but upload now is anywhere from 31-35

thats not the main issue the main issue is general internet usage has been sluggish and ive been running into issues such as pages not loading and giving connection error or timing out and im sure its not the pages them selves or the individual computer ive tested this out to be sure

any help looking into it this would be greatly appreciated

Re: trying to find out if something is wrong
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

anyone?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has your latency gone up any besides the upload decreasing? I also assume you are on an Ethernet connection, correct? Would you happen to know what model ONT you have? If you don't know which one you have, provide a picture of your ONT if possible.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

havnt notice what the latency was before..yes ethernet

tns
Master - Level 2

There have been some reports of incidents at Verizon that Verizon blames on the strike.

And there was a major ISP that provides service to a number of popular servers that lost their power and emergency generators failed to kick in correctly.  To correct that had to shut down for several hours.

These any other problems can cascade around the internet even if you are not using one of the servers directly effected.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That was down in another country (Ireland) and affected Microsoft and Amazon services for that region. I doubt it was related to FiOS slowdowns. Unless you're talking about another one...

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

my slow downs arent just since the strike its been a little over a month i think since it all started

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK. For a basic check, go to this website:

http://pingtest.net/

Test to a few servers the closest to you. Post up the results you get.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.pingtest.net/result/45111218.png

b on line quality i use to always get an a

ping and jitter i dont recall what i use to get

and it cant even test my packet loss

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You obtained a B since the packet loss test didn't complete. Try some other servers to see if it does complete. Also, pingtest.net does keep a history of tests. See if you can find your older results, for comparison.

Also, if you can find out what ONT model you have, that would give us additional information. The model number of the ONT or a photo of the ONT/inside customer access portion of it would work.

0 Likes