unable to connect to random sites (when previously I was able to days before)
maten

Recently I received the following message when attempting to go to sites that I was able to in the past.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.ae.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.15dc6068.1542235351.711e518

So far I receive this message from American Eagle Outfitters, Saks, Timberland, and Express (attempting to do some Christmas shopping).

I also received this message when trying to go to these sites from my iphone while my iphone is connected to my home wifi (fios). However, I noticed that when i turn off the wifi on my iphone and use my phone's service, I am able to get to these sites without an issue. I also noticed that when I use my phone/laptop at a friend's house while connected to their home network (not fios) I am able to reach these sites without an issue. I have already tried deleting all of my browser history, cookies, data, cache, etc and restarting, however I keep getting the same error message when trying to reach these sites.

It seems the link between my iphone and computer is my fios wifi. I have searched posts for those experiencing similar issues and the most recent within the fios community is from 9/2018 but no resolution found. Please help! hopefully some answers have been found!

0 Likes
Re: unable to connect to random sites (when previously I was able to days before)
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is definitely a strange issue.

All the above websites you mentioned are hosted by a company known as "Akamai". That error message you are seeing comes from their servers, not Verizon.

However Akamai should have fixed this problem by now (as they are the world's largest content delievery network, they have very vigorous monitoring) - is this issue still ongoing?

If you go to this website https://dnsleaktest.com/, and click "Standard Test", what are the results?

Best of luck!

Re: unable to connect to random sites (when previously I was able to days before)
Muffins777

Can someone pleas help with this? I’m experiencing the same issue

0 Likes
mkimid

Reboot OTN to get new IP address,

just remove power and connect again.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you pung the sites?

What error are you getting?

Is it the exact same sites as the op?

@Muffins777 wrote:

Can someone pleas help with this? I’m experiencing the same issue