Switch Account

unable to run Cisco IP Communicator

unable to run Cisco IP Communicator

Contributor prashant
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(4,738 Views)

I am trying to run Cisco IP communicator while connected to my Wifi network at home (Verizon Fios) but something in the router is blocking it. I am successfully able to run it using Wifi on other Internet services(UVerse, TimeWarner).  Could you please let me know :

- how do we configure firewall/access rules in Wifi or disable all the firewall/access rules for testing ?

- how to configure router to run this application ?

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(4,697 Views)

What is the brand, model, and ver of this router?

For example: Actiontech, MI-424-WI, REV D.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor prashant
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(4,654 Views)

Brand: Westell

Model: A90-9100EM15-10

HW Rev: B

Firmware revision: 1.02.00.04

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(4,650 Views)

Perhaps you need to forward the ports that it uses?

I point to http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/A90-750015-07/A90-750015-07index....

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.