unfair practices
LadyTay1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw the online ad of the $79 triple bundle deal. I did not see anything that indicated that I had to sign up online for that deal. I called and told them I was interested in the $79 deal. I was not told that I had to sign up online for that deal. By not indicating that on the web page or telling people when they inquire you are forcing the public to make assumptions that some people would not make.

So because I did not sign up on line I am being charged $89.99. I called and protested to a supervisor but I was told that she could not change the price.

When I signed up I was told I would receive a free tablet. After I signed up I received an email letting me know that I would get a free tablet but only if I sign up for a 2-year contract with wireless. I was not told that before hand.

When they asked me to provide my cell number I told them not to call me on my cell. I am out of work and living off my savings and I pay for the calls I make and receive. They called me several times on my cell therefore using up my phone minutes. I told the superviceor, Karen, and she said they called my cell because I didn't have a land line. I did have a land line that was working fine. They were calling to set up instillation of fios. In the meantime I still had Comcast. They could have called on the landline that is why I told them NOT to call my cell.

I think this is a sneaky and underhanded way to sign people up for your service. I really, really  thought Verizon was a better company than Comcast. Apparently I was wrong about that.  Now I have this huge bill (biggger than I thought according to the estimation bill I recieved) including activation fee. And I'm also out the minutes for my cell phone. I am so sick and so upset about this. I feel so helpless when dealing with these companies. It seems the customer doesn't come first anymore, only profit does. That is such a shame.

Re: unfair practices
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
LadyTay1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thank you I will await this communication.
0 Likes
Re: unfair practices and overall SCAM
unhappycust151
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was so excited to learn that I earned a "free" tablet for signing up with FIOS. I actually referred 4 friends.  All of us were very disturbed when our free tablet mailing arrived and at the store we were informed we had to sign up for a 2 yr contract at approx $10 month. So our free tablet will now cost us $240 plus plus plus taxes fees ect.

What sense does it make to pay for our free gift that was supposedly a thank you for becoming a valued customer. What a fake out scam. This is a global company and I am appalled and embarrassed that this is how a "free" gift is given. I didn't need a tablet but figured it would be great to have an extra for my kids...

I received several calls from my referred friends that were equally upset and now I feel responsible! I am offended by this entire situation. I have been a verizon customer for over 20 years and have now decided to shop around... possible ATT for my phone and Cablevision for my home.

My experiance thusfar with Verizon has truly been shocking. Reps are nice but basically every step I take is a MONEY GRAB!

LadyTay1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received the reply from Version and the reply basically told me what I already knew. Not much help there.

When I called up Comcast for an offer on their website I was immediately told that was an online offer only. Why didn’t Verizon Fios afford me the same courtesy?

Whenever I called Comcast and was unhappy they immediately tried to make me happy by offering me some sort of token of appreciation. I don’t see that with Verizon Fios. Don’t you appreciate your customers?

I received TNT, animal planet, TVLand, TLC on Comcast’s basic plan. Not so on Verizon Fios. Why doesn’t Fios offer these channels in their basic package?

LadyTay1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what I find incredible is that Verizon charges for customer service. Isn’t customer service part of doing business? But instead of charging the same price for the special triple bundle deal they charge $10 extra for their customer service reps to help you sign up for this spectacular deal. And their customer service stinks when they do not inform you that you can get a better price when you sign up yourself on the Internet. So much for customer service. What customer service? I guess Verizon is not interested in customer service. This tells me that they are only interested in bilking more money from their customers and they are not interested in their customers only in their pocket book. Shame on you Verizon!

0 Likes
LadyTay1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've been thinkging. Does this mean when I have a problem, will I be charged for going to customer service? Thought that's what they are there for. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You weren't charged for customer service.

There are times when businesses  will offer online discounts that are not available other ways.
Can't say that is what happened here, but it is plausible.

And the customer service folks may not always be aware of what is offered online.
They just say what pulls up on their screens.

0 Likes
LadyTay1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your message. I thank you for taking the time out of your day. I disagree with your assessment though. Online the customer does all the work and if you have a question about something you have to try to find it on your own. Customer service is suppose to answer those questions. I had a question re the channels I would receive and customer service answered those questions. How ever calling them to ask cost me $10 more per month. So in my opinion I had to pay for customer service. I have eye problems and I can only search online for a set time limit before I have other physical issues (like headaches). So although they saved me from getting a physical headache they caused me another type of headache. But I truly appreciate your answer and your time. Have a great day. 

0 Likes