unhappy with new install, internet still not working.
tracyxx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have spent 30 minutes trying to find an email address for verizon, so I can send this complaint email to customer service.  I am not wasting any more time, so I guess it has to be posted here.

On Wednesday, March 16th, a technician came to my home and ran fiber optics to my house.  He left without activating the service.  He was about to leave and asked "are you activating the account, or is your husband?" and then he wrote down the web address "www.activate.verizon.net".  I spent nearly 2 hours trying to activate my own service and an hour on the phone with someone at Verizon who was unable to help.  That evening we received a phone call asking for our satisfaction level and we expressed our unhappiness with not having working internet.  A short time later, the supervisor of the install tech called us, and she said that someone will be at our house in the morning to fix the problem.

On Thursday, March 17th, the same installation tech came to my home and activated the service.  I called his supervisor later in the day to thank her for fixing the problem so quickly.  The technician told her that I insisted on activating my own service, which was not true.  I told her about the incorrect web address (www.activate.verizon.net instead of http://activate.verizon.net)

On Friday, March 18th at 8:40am, a verizon employee was seen climbing the utility pole on my street.  According to your records, my service was interrupted at 8:47.  I returned home from work at 2:30 and discovered that my internet was not working.  I called verizon and spoke to a tech who was unable to see my modem.  He scheduled a service call for Saturday, sometime between 9am and 7pm.

On Saturday, March 19th, a different tech showed up around 12:30pm.  He said the junction box on the telephone pole was full.  He said the installation tech from Wednesday had unplugged service to another verizon customer and plugged in our new line.  There was a service call placed by a neighbor on my street for lost service.  So on Friday morning, the verizon employee who came to repair my neighbor's service, simply unplugged our line and plugged the neighbor back in.  The tech who arrived at 12:30 said that he could not add another junction box to the pole, but a "construction" truck will be out in an hour.
At 3pm, I called verizon to ask when the "construction truck" would arrive.  
At 4pm I received a call from the construction truck tech who seemed agitated that the first tech couldn't fix the problem.  He said that he would call me back, but I did not see or hear from him again.  At 7:30pm, I called Verizon to ask what was happening, and the operator scheduled me for another all day appointment for Sunday.

Surely, the tech from Wednesday or the tech from Friday should have considered the long term consequences of their "repair" when they unplugged one customer from the junction box to "fix" the problem for another customer.  It is also completely unacceptable to have a customer sit at home for days waiting for nothing.  I finally gave up and tonight (8pm Saturday) we removed the wire from the verizon box and re-activated our comcast account.  I have lost time from work, time from my weekend, money, and I am disgusted and have deep regrets for choosing verizon.  It leaves me feeling wary about keeping FIOS if every tech is incompetent.

I hope that my service is repaired tomorrow.  I will be sitting at home all day again, waiting and fuming.
0 Likes
Re: unhappy with new install, internet still not working.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tracyxx,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.