Switch Account

updgrading from 5/2 to 10/2

updgrading from 5/2 to 10/2

Contributor Andrew
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(7,625 Views)

I understand FiOS internet customers in some/most areas can be upgraded from 5/2 internet service to 10/2 at no extra cost. Who do I need to speak with to upgrade my service? I was in a Verizon Wireless/FiOS store earlier this afternoon, and all they could offer was to upgrade me to 20/5 for $10 more per month.

3 REPLIES 3
Copper Contributor GSnicker
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(7,568 Views)
In most areas this is done automatically, but it usually takes some time. You can also call to (888) 553-1555 and they can upgrade it for you if it is definitely available and the price has not increased. 
Copper Contributor JohnA
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(7,471 Views)
Verizon doesn't do automatic updates. You will have to talk to billing, they're the only ones who can put in a speed upgrade. Call and aim yourself down the phone tree by saying billing. Answer a few questions in the billing branch, and then say "Agent", and it will connect you to a human. The upgrade is free if you are at the current rate in your bundle. Otherwise it may raise your monthly rate @ $3.
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(7,118 Views)
On top of that, if you have any sort of bundle with Verizon, you will have to renew your entire contract for another 2 years.  Pretty {word filter} since I can make any change I want to my TV service by adding / subtracting services without renewing a contract.  I can also add / remove features from my phone line without signing up for another 2 years.  Why would I want to renew for another 2 years for all three when I'm just updating the internet?
Message Edited by CharlotteS on 10-09-2008 10:37 AM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.