upgraded my fios but have to wait 2 weeks
kathyzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi i upgraded my fios from 25mb/25mb to 35mb/35mb why do i have to wait 2 weeks before its upgraded. the person on the phone said nobody will be coming out since

Re: upgraded my fios but have to wait 2 weeks
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chances are you don't ... that's a simple provisioning change in the central office ... although all orders may be backlogged due to the strike so it may just be that they aren't processing these kinds of change requests at the moment in favor of clearing the backlog of new orders, etc.

I'd trying using the online order to request the change or try calling again.

0 Likes
kathyzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

seems i can't change the date to be changed.. how hard is it just flip a switch

weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Depends on the switch and where it is located relative to the person or persons doing the flipping.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not really ... it's all done in software.  The bandwidth constrsints are enforced as a software parameter on the port to which the connection terminates -- the actual bandwidth between the head end and ONT remains unchanged and constant -- you're connection is just throttled by the software to not exceed a certain amount (or more correctly allow a certain minimum guarenteed bandwidth burstable based on local capacity to some percentage above the configured amount.

Unless there's an upstream bandwidth/aggregation problem between the CO where this person's connection terminates and the next hop within the Verizon network, there's no physical "flip" to switch.   Since they're already on 25/25 service which is serviced by the same hardware end to end that services 35/35 connections, that's about the only scenario I can surmise might be the reason for the delay -- that they need more bandwidth between CO and whatever aggregation point regionally that connection flow towards.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Kathyzz,

generally the main reason for this is if a customer orders video equipment with it. That is the only reason why it would be 2 weeks out however we still should be able to get the data speed up and running the same day