upgrading from 20/5 fios in an MDU
Random421

So a few years back Verizon apporached my condo building and got permission to install equipment into the phone closets on each floor.   I have had 20/5 FIOS since then and have been happy. It uses a Zyxel VDSL modem to conenct to the phone closet over CAT3 phone cable.

I now need symetric FIOS and the verizon website offered 50/50.  I assummed my acount had information about the MDU situation but I guess I was was wrong.  I received the QUantum router and that set up fine. The older router worked fine but at least the new one has gigbit ports.  Still using the same modem though,

So yesterday I spent an hour on the phone talking to 4  dffernet people and what I got was that the ticket was entered wrong and it would be fixed within 4 hours.  My speed did go up to 30/5 which I think is as good as I will get with VDSL.

Spent anther 30 minutes on online chat this morning and the person I was talking to had no idea what VDSL or a modem was.  They said they would send a new modem and I just gave up.

So any verizon people on here know how I can get 50/50?  I think verizon has run additional fiber to individual units on my floor as I saw them last year running cable. Or is there a VDSL2 solution? I have no idea how to reach a portion of tech support that is not completelly useless. It is pointless to call the standard Verizon tech support number again.  I can get a Comcast party line connection up to 150 MB next week but I don't want to give up my email adress and verizon, once installed, has been very stable.

0 Likes
Re: upgrading from 20/5 fios in an MDU
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes