verizon just sends me a new router but the problem never gets fixed
bohlmant

I'll tell you about my problem and I just need to know where and how to start diagnosing the issue so i can get this fixed because fios customer service tells me there isnt an issue or just sends me a router but my lag issue gets so bad i cant even use the internet, my phone goes faster.

So I upgraded my fios to quantum and it was fine for a while but lately there has been alot of strang lag and it happens very randomly, I get lag on all of my computers in my home when it happens. While playing video games my connection goes from green to red and i lag for about half a second and back to green and this goes on and on every couple seconds. I also have slow web browsing and downloading is almost non-existant. But there are times I can have all 5 computers on and playing video games and downloading at the same time and never get a hint of lag.

This has been going on for months, I have gotten 5 new routers and had a tech come out once, but when he was here the issue wasnt happening.

Here are the details:

While playing my video game my latency is normaly ~20ms and during this issue it will start out at ~20ms but jumps every couple seconds up to about ~150 ms or higher and I lag in game.

I have 4 computers wired and 1 wireless, only 1 computer is currently on.

I tested on every computer and all are the having the same issue so i know its not the computer.

I have 75/35 fios quantum.

I ran the verizon speed test and got:

4.15 mbps download

37.85 mbps upload

12 ms latency

please help me! customer service cant help at all or just tell me nothing is wrong, but there is

0 Likes
Re: verizon just sends me a new router but the problem never gets fixed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The low download speed could be cluing into the problem.

How do your MoCa signal levels look? We can get an idea of how they are by looking at the link speed between all of your devices. See this FAQ on how to get this info.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios/3.2_MOCA#16569

Otherwise, have you asked Verizon how the Fiber signal levels are for the ONT? Know of any neighbors seeing similar problems? Could be a bad OLT Line card, too.

0 Likes
bohlmant

Not sure how to read it but looks like about 250?

Connection SpeedRouterONT*
Device Nameclink1clink1
MAC Address  
IP AddressN/AN/A
RouterN/A252.23
ONT252.23

N/A

I havent asked about signal levels to the ont, should that be what i try next since the moca speeds are over 200?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would ask about the Fiber signal, the circuit in general, and possible issues with the OLT your line is connected to from this point. If your MoCa speeds are staying at 250Mbps+ on just about everything, you've got a solid Coaxial connection back to the ONT.

0 Likes