verizon offering chromecast.
Createmore4me

Is anyone else getting that offer? I mean no change in price and free chromecast for just getting a 2 year contract? Is there any hidden things in writting?

0 Likes
Re: verizon offering chromecast.
jonjones1
Legend

@Createmore4me wrote:

Is anyone else getting that offer? I mean no change in price and free chromecast for just getting a 2 year contract? Is there any hidden things in writting?

There is a thread that is stating although it was or is being offered depending on what person you speak to at customer service. It is also very hard to get. There is multiple threads on this issue of non receipt.

do a forum search on it and then make up your own mind. 

0 Likes
Createmore4me

I didnt even talk to no rep and I saw it on the verizon fios website and was wondering if there is any catch to it if I renew my contract early just to get the chromecast.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Createmore4me wrote:

I didnt even talk to no rep and I saw it on the verizon fios website and was wondering if there is any catch to it if I renew my contract early just to get the chromecast.

No incentive for early renewal. Unfortunately Verizon is lacking on giving those inducements for services. You should never base your service on what you may get for staying or starting services. The companies that do these types of promotions know that 90% or more will never bother to follow through. However a simple call to your states attorney generals office will more than likely get you your premium.

the best way to punish companies for this type of behavior is cancel the service, and file with your states regulators. The premium offered is a pittance compared to what you pay over a two year period. Verizon and other companies make big money on offering these inducements but are raking in cash 10-20% more overall on a two year service. 

Forget the inducements and get a no contract rock bottom price or go to another service. 

Re: verizon offering chromecast. - DOES NOT WORK!!!
skibrec1
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS DOES NOT WORK.  I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES AND IT WANTS TO CHARGE ME.

I'VE CALLED ONCE AND NOW ON A SECOND CHAT SESSION.   VERIZON MAKES IT VERY HARD TO DO ANYTHING.