want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?

Message 1 of 4
(1,009 Views)

Currently have Gigabit with the new G3100 router and also TV One. Unfortunately, in my space, the wi-fi signal isn't strong enough, so i need a mesh/APs whatever. Instead of getting another system, i am hoping to replace the G3100 with my own router, and use the older G1100 (that i already purchased) for the TV One features.

Now, would that also function as a moca adapter (since it will be plugged in to the Coax network)? or do i need another Moca adapter? I realize this is Moca 2.0 versus the newer 2.5, but i am trying to salvage what i can.

See figure 3 for what i want to do.

Thanks1_gigabit_with_G3100_Simple_Setup1_gigabit_with_G3100_Simple_Setup2_gigabit_with_own_router_intermediate2_gigabit_with_own_router_intermediate3_gigabit_with_own_router_Coax_backhaul3_gigabit_with_own_router_Coax_backhaul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?

Message 2 of 4
(999 Views)

Yes it will become a Moca adapter so you can use the wcb6200q extender or a just another adapter at your end if you only need hard wire.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?

Message 2 of 4
(1,000 Views)

Yes it will become a Moca adapter so you can use the wcb6200q extender or a just another adapter at your end if you only need hard wire.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 4
(987 Views)

Thank you for responding in both my threads - will try over the next few days and post a confirmation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(793 Views)

I know this is an older post, however I would like to know how this was implemented.  Specifically what settings were placed on the two routers to make this possible.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.