webmail not saving my password
Johnnyru
Enthusiast - Level 1

I click on "remember me" when I logon to webmail but my password is not saved?...thanks for your help Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: webmail not saving my password
Johnnyru
Enthusiast - Level 1

@VZ_Christian wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

@Johnnyru wrote:

I click on "remember me" when I logon to webmail but my password is not saved?...thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Remember Me rembers the userid not the password.  Next time you visit the userid field will be pre-populated.

You can have the browser itself remember the username and password so that it automatically logs you in each time you visit the page.  I would urge you NOT to do this if you have anyone else using your computer who you would not want to have access to anything on that site (email, account info, etc).

Regards,

Chris

Thank you both for the clarification.  I used to use Outlook Express for mail email when I had win XP.  I now have Win 7 and there

isn't an email client,so I now use webmail.  Outlook remembered both id and password and I thought webmail did the same. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

Johnnyru,

Hey, a couple questions for you:

1.) Are you able to use the "Remeber Me" feature on other sites?

2.) What web browser are you using? (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc...)

3.) Have you tried clearing your cookies for whatever browser your're using?

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Johnnyru wrote:

Remember Me rembers the userid not the password.  Next time you visit the userid field will be pre-populated.

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@viafax999 wrote:

@Johnnyru wrote:

You can have the browser itself remember the username and password so that it automatically logs you in each time you visit the page.  I would urge you NOT to do this if you have anyone else using your computer who you would not want to have access to anything on that site (email, account info, etc).

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
Johnnyru
Enthusiast - Level 1

@VZ_Christian wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

@Johnnyru wrote:

Regards,

Chris

Thank you both for the clarification.  I used to use Outlook Express for mail email when I had win XP.  I now have Win 7 and there

isn't an email client,so I now use webmail.  Outlook remembered both id and password and I thought webmail did the same. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Johnnyru wrote:

Thank you both for the clarification.  I used to use Outlook Express for mail email when I had win XP.  I now have Win 7 and there isn't an email client,so I now use webmail.  Outlook remembered both id and password and I thought webmail did the same. 

Of course there is a Microsoft email client for Windows 7. It is called Windows Live Mail. It is similar to Outlook Express in many ways, different in others, but performs the same functions, and includes a built-in calendar. There are mail clients from other sources that will run on Windows 7 too.

Go to the Start button and click on it, click on All Programs, scroll down to the Windows Live folder, click on it, and you will find a way to download any or all of the Windows Live components, including Windows Live Mail.

If you still have access to your OE, you can migrate the folders and  Address Book from OE to Windows Live Mail. The account definitions in Windows Live Mail are almost identical to the definitions in OE so the accounts are easy to set up.

Here is a link to the Windows Live page on Microsoft's website: http://download.live.com/

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://download.live.com/?wa=wsignin1.0

The windows live site, url above, has the replacement modules for all the pieces that were left out of Win7, email, messenger, write, photo gallery, moviemaker etc.

0 Likes