Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

weird secondary/alternate email address

SOLVED
admkshr
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

weird secondary/alternate email address

Message 1 of 4
(6,391 Views)
I just got FIOS Internet a few weeks ago. I notice in my email settings that there is an alternate email address that I never created and I don't know how to delete. Is this something that occurs when Verizon creates your account, like a temporary name? When I go to the sub accounts section it only says I can add 9 sub accounts and there is no option to delete anything.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jawilliams34661
Contributor
Contributor

Re: weird secondary/alternate email address

Message 3 of 4
(6,340 Views)
if it starts with vze or res it is verizons unique id for your account..it is what is primarly used to identify accts prior to haveing your actual email setup..since it is a uniqe identifier and it is possible to send a message to that id and can be used to login as well

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
agent
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 2 of 4
(6,379 Views)

there is a way to delete that on the verizon central page, at the bottom of the page of the "My Account" section, PM me and i'll help you out 😉

jawilliams34661
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,341 Views)
if it starts with vze or res it is verizons unique id for your account..it is what is primarly used to identify accts prior to haveing your actual email setup..since it is a uniqe identifier and it is possible to send a message to that id and can be used to login as well

View solution in original post

admkshr
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,323 Views)
Hi, thanks for the quick responses and the info. Yes it did start with vze or res, so as long as it is something legitimate by Verizon I guess I won't worry about it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title