where can I download firmware for Actiontec MI424WR rev g
JasiuWiecek

The URL from Current Product Firmware Versions PDF document links don't have the latest firmware (30.18.5) for the rev G model.

Where can I download the latest firmware?  Does Verizon still support this router?

Thanks, Johnny
0 Likes
Re: where can I download firmware for Actiontec MI424WR rev g
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Definely missing several routers there.

If you log into your router and look at advanced option, update firmware, you will see the site for the routers firmware.  It should check for update automatically (assuming you didn't change options on that page).  However occasionally it doesn't, and you can just point to the site and pull the latest for install.

For my revision F it shows https://upgrade.actiontec.com/MI424WR2/MI424WR_EF.rmt I know my rev I (at my other home) shows a different value.

0 Likes
JasiuWiecek

Thanks for your response. The original URL fails to find any firmware updates and I've tried different URLs post on the internet without any luck.  hat's why I was wondering if Verizon still supporting the router.

Here's what I've tried.

https://upgrade.actiontec.com/MI424WR2/MI424WR2.rmt

https://upgrade.actiontec.com/NCSMI424WR2/MI424WR2.rmt

0 Likes
Re: ... firmware for Actiontec MI424WR rev g
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@JasiuWiecek wrote:

... The original URL fails to find any firmware updates and I've tried different URLs post on the internet without any luck.  hat's why I was wondering if Verizon still supporting the router ... 

It's often said that firmware updates are a "last resort" to address specific issues.  What issues are you encountering with your router, and what are your objectives with the upgrade?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is what I've been able to find.

Hope this helps to get you to exactly what you need.

http://www.actiontec.com/products/product.php?pid=189#doc

0 Likes
JasiuWiecek

The router locks up when used as a moca bridge with a MI424WR rev F as the gateway.  I was hoping the issue is fixed in the new firmware.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@JasiuWiecek wrote:

The router locks up when used as a moca bridge with a MI424WR rev F as the gateway.  I was hoping the issue is fixed in the new firmware.

Certainly seems reasonable to me.  OTOH have you tried reversing the routers, using the "g" as primary and the "f" as bridge?  I have no a priori reason the think this will do the trick, but if you have time it might be worth a try.

0 Likes
charliebarrett
Contributor - Level 2

I tried the Verizon update page, and found that it's a LOWER version than I already have!!! My router is version 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4, but Verizon's version is 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.6 Smiley Frustrated

I looked at firmware updates because my WiFi speed sucks (11Mb/s) even though I have an Excellent signal. When I do a Repair, it jumps up to 49Mb/s but in a few minutes it falls to 11Mb/s.

I think I've tried everything mentioned in various forums, with zero difference. That lead me to believe that the ActionTec router is trash several months ago (hardwire connections are OK - Only WiFi is a problem).

Oh - also I keep having disconnects every hour or so - it's plaged me for years, but it's too much hassle to change providers to something besiges FiOS. That makes it impossible to use Windows the copy command (even in /Z restartable mode) to transfer backup files (41 GB or so). I have to use Filezilla FTP, which has a Resume function that actually works.

InSSIDer days that there are no strong signals nearby, just a few that have RSSI's in the high -80's and -90's. My RSSI is -49.

0 Likes