wifi connection issue with ipod touch 3RD GEN
marjo1631

i recently bought my daughter a ipod touch 3rd gen ,and for a mere second was able to sorta get a connection,now someone said to reset my ipod touch connection,that didnt work sadlynow when i manually try to set the ip and submask an port i get the same message  unable to connect,even before i resetted it on her ipod touch it wasnt able to connect,now my other issue to go with it is i cant access my verizon router to make sure everythings ok,maybe im missing something all together ,any help would be great, sorry if this sounds confusing

0 Likes
Re: wifi connection issue with ipod touch 3RD GEN
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

What wireless router are you using?

Is the security set up to use WEP or WPA?

Is your SSID being broadcasted?

0 Likes
marjo1631

i have a Actiontec

"Wireless Broadband Route

0 Likes
marjo1631

but when i try to access it an put my username an password in it says its wrong

so i havent been able to access it thru verizon

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Try to press and hold the rest button on the back of the router.  Hold it for 10 seconds to reset the router to factory defaults.  After you factory reset the router you should be able to access the router by pointing your browser to http://192.1681.1

There will be a sticker on the bottom of the router that shows what the SSID is and the WEP key is.

I suggest you connect to the router and change the wireless security settings.  First change the SSID to something more meaningful to you such as home.  Then disable WEP and then under advanced security settings choose WPA and then select PSK.  Here you will pick a password.  Once you accept these settings go back to the IPOD, connect to your SSID and then it will ask for the password.  Enter the password you entered above and you should be good to go.

0 Likes