wifi connection
MarieOrly

I am unable to connect a device to my wifi with the wpa2 key that i can find on the sticker of my router. My laptop, tablet and my phone are connected to it, though the name of the wifi is the same but followed with -5G and i can't detect it with the device i am trying to connect. Do I have 2 different wifi signal ? Has anyone ever experienced that ? 

Please help !

0 Likes
Re: wifi connection
jonjones1
Legend

@MarieOrly wrote:

I am unable to connect a device to my wifi with the wpa2 key that i can find on the sticker of my router. My laptop, tablet and my phone are connected to it, though the name of the wifi is the same but followed with -5G and i can't detect it with the device i am trying to connect. Do I have 2 different wifi signal ? Has anyone ever experienced that ? 

Please help !

Not every device you use or own can connect to the faster 5G network.

many device radios only can connect to the farther reaching 2.4 G network. Which though not as fast (which really is not necessary in my opinion) is stable and has better penetration.

the automatic connect key is useless. The best way is to click on wifi on your device, let it search for networks. When you see YOUR network click on it. Then enter the wifi password EXACTLY as shown on your sticker. Then click connect.

if the password is entered correctly you will not need to enter it again.

its always advised to change the wifi password on your network while the tech is there to an easier one for you to remember. But you don't have to.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: wifi connection
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use this Password

MaryJane357

as an example look at the protection it gives you.

Time Required to Exhaustively Search this Password's Space:

Online Attack Scenario:
(Assuming one thousand guesses per second) 16.82 million centuries

Offline Fast Attack Scenario:
(Assuming one hundred billion guesses per second) 16.82 years

Massive Cracking Array Scenario:
(Assuming one hundred trillion guesses per second) 6.12 days

Go here and enjoy playing around creating passwords

https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

0 Likes