wifi connectivity problems
foxgo

Hello, a recent problem one of our Verizon wireless iphones (an iphone 6s) is only able to connect to the 5gb wifi, not the 2.4gb wifi.  Whenever we try connecting to 2.4gb wifi it says we used an incorrect password (although we know the password is correct, it is same for 2.4gb or 5gb and all of our other devices are able to connect to both).

I have tried forgetting the network, rebooting the router, cold restart of the phone, reset of network on iphone, and various other fixes and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: wifi connectivity problems
jonjones1
Legend

@foxgo wrote:

Hello, a recent problem one of our Verizon wireless iphones (an iphone 6s) is only able to connect to the 5gb wifi, not the 2.4gb wifi.  Whenever we try connecting to 2.4gb wifi it says we used an incorrect password (although we know the password is correct, it is same for 2.4gb or 5gb and all of our other devices are able to connect to both).

I have tried forgetting the network, rebooting the router, cold restart of the phone, reset of network on iphone, and various other fixes and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

I would go into the routers settings and try changing the password for the 2.4 Ghz 

then find the SSID on your iPhone under WiFi and click connect. Then try the new password and if it connects all is then well.

if it does not connect with the new password then you know it’s the device.

force reset the iPhone by holding down the home button and side on/off button until seeing a white Apple logo. After you do this try connecting again.

you can also do a reset on your iPhone under settings-general-reset-reset network 

Good Luck

0 Likes
foxgo

I did not try resetting the password yet (as I recall when Fios installation I was told to leave alone and not change passwordf).  Plus, from Apple forums I see many others complaining about same issue so it may be more of an Apple issue (maybe new ios 11) than my internal wifi.

I had already a forced reset of the phone, and resetting the network on the phone, neither worked.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

There is no harm in changing your WiFi passwords or even the SSID after you access your router. You will have to remember the password you changed it to. That should not be a problem via writing it down, or like I do use a name like a childhood nickname, a confirmation name if catholic or your middle name or even your work ID number which should be unique to you.

that can always be set back to first use via holding in the reset button on the back of the router for 10-20 seconds. Then the login and password are what is printed on the Verizon router. (You could also take a picture of the password and original network name. I have done this for neighbors when they got Fios ) 

0 Likes
Randy0071

Hi, I have EXACT same problem. Were you able to find the fix?

its not an iPhone issue as our Apple TV & Roku TV is also facing the same issue

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Randy007 wrote:

Hi, I have EXACT same problem. Were you able to find the fix?

its not an iPhone issue as our Apple TV & Roku TV is also facing the same issue

I am going to assume my advice to original poster fixed the issue.

an Apple TV is iOS so of same family group as iPhones now Roku is a stand alone app not iOS or Android in nature.

since they did not reply after 11/2017 they must of taken my advice.

0 Likes