wifi on a tablet
pbwayne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a superpad which runs on Google Android OS.Can I set up wifi on it? I've been able to set it up on my regular laptop,but would like to use it on this also.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi on a tablet
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the "verizon wifi" at airports and coffee houses needs a Laptop.   There is special software that is downloaded that lets you connect to the Verizon Wifi and it's not compatible with Droid OS's etc.

Check your Laptop

• When you register for Verizon Wi-Fi, we'll help you check to see if your laptop meets our system requirements.
  • Verizon Wi-Fi is not available for PDAs, phones, desktop PCs or Macs.
  • Most late-model laptops have wireless capability, but if yours doesn't, you'll need to buy a wireless card.

So the only way you can connect when out and about is through the wifi available at whatever place you go.  

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well I looked up "superpad" and found one listed on Amazon.com. If yours is that one, it says it has WIFI built in. Assuming you have the same one. Then all you have to do is go into the wifi settings and put in your routers SSID and WEP/WPA key just like you did with the laptop.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try WiFi Buddy on that device to get connected

As far as Verizon info you need to connect, you need your settings.  so follow the two links. 

www.verizon.com/repair     >      Retrieve your Wi-Fi Settings

There's a service tag on your router that has your wireless info that you need.  

you need both the 

ESSID 

and the

WEP key

Click the link above and it will help you get those settings.  

0 Likes
pbwayne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

pbwayne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks

My problem is not connecting at home , but using my verizon wifi at the airport and such.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well if using WIFI, the same process applies anywhere you go. If you are at McDonalds for example. You go into the wifi settings of the pad, find the McD's wifi and tell it to connect.

Now if you are wanting to use it on the go, then you need 'mobile broadband'. A data plan via your cell company and 3G/4G access. I dont know if yours has the SIM card access or not.

But if you are just "hot spotting", then the process is basically the same as you use at home whenever in range of another accessible router.

cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

What is the message (error Messages) displayed in your tablet, use the same network name and the same password

that you are using for your others devices, check in the label's router the SSID(network name to connect to your router) and WEP

(which is the password for the wireless connection) in case you are using.

Good Luck!

Let me know what happened

Hubrisnxs
Legend

the "verizon wifi" at airports and coffee houses needs a Laptop.   There is special software that is downloaded that lets you connect to the Verizon Wifi and it's not compatible with Droid OS's etc.

Check your Laptop

• When you register for Verizon Wi-Fi, we'll help you check to see if your laptop meets our system requirements.
  • Verizon Wi-Fi is not available for PDAs, phones, desktop PCs or Macs.
  • Most late-model laptops have wireless capability, but if yours doesn't, you'll need to buy a wireless card.

So the only way you can connect when out and about is through the wifi available at whatever place you go.  

PamelaB1

Do these rules also exist with an I touch?  Can someone explain to me how I may access my home wi-fi on an I touch, if this is available?  When I go into settings on my I touch, there is no verizon wi-fi network to choose, yet I believe we have wi-fi in our home....Thank you.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

An Itouch should connect to the wireless network in the home.  If you leave the house, then yes the rules apply.

If you're in the house and you want to connect to the wifi then use the below link

Connecting an Apple Device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)

Click on that link, it will help you get connected.  

If you don't see the wireless network and your wireless is turned on in your phone, then you may have to change the channel of router to one your Itouch can see. You can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

0 Likes