wireless-N router
973user

I bought this router hoping to improve on the g router.  I wanted an ac router but verizon could not tell me when one would be available.  Do not buy or rent this router.  It is worse than the g router and the signal doesn't work more than 20 ft away.  I contacted Verizon about taking the router back and they wouldn't help.  My first rep was rude and lied about supervisor help being available.  After holding for an hour I got a supervisor that said they would resolve my issues and call me back but of course they never did.  Verizon has the worst service and their equipment is just bad.

0 Likes
Re: wireless-N router
PJL
Master - Level 3

There is a Verizon N router -- the new Quantum router.  See http://campaign.verizon.com/fiosquantumgateway/?MyVzSPLDEALS=WIFI_ROUTER.  There is a current special on the hardware.  If you order Quantum TV, you get the router along with the service order.

The router is IEEE 802.3x, 802.3u, and IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

I replaced my Actiontec Rev. C router with a Linksys WRT1900AC. The Linksys router provides far superior wireless network capabilities (e.g. dual 2.4 / 5 GHz. band wireless a/b/g/n/ac), throughput and access point signal strength.

I have the Actiontec router connected to one of the Linksys LAN switch ports to provide a MoCA bridge for the DVR/STB IP services (e.g. VOD & Program Guide information).

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PJL wrote:

There is a Verizon N router -- the new Quantum router.  See http://campaign.verizon.com/fiosquantumgateway/?MyVzSPLDEALS=WIFI_ROUTER.  There is a current special on the hardware.  If you order Quantum TV, you get the router along with the service order.

The router is IEEE 802.3x, 802.3u, and IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac

The new Quantum Gateway Router G1100 is not only wireless-n its wireless-AC.  Yes its supports a bunch of the of 802.11 b/g/n as well as ac.  And it supports 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

The MI424WR version F was draft wireless-N (802.11n), 2.4 GHz only

The MI424WR version G and I are wireless-N (802.11n), 2,4 GHz only

If you order Quantum TV service you may get the VERSION I or the G1100 (more likely the version I)

0 Likes