Switch Account

wireless connection issues

wireless connection issues

Highlighted
Contributor jdtoddjr
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(6,628 Views)

Everyday for the past 4 days now our wireless has stopped working at approx. 8pm and doesn’t start working till approx. 12:30am. The computers plugged into the router by ethernet work fine but the wireless won’t work at all. The wireless light on the router is on though. When I try to connect with my laptop it says “connection timeout” and none of our other wireless devices work either. Along with the wireless not working two other networks with similar network names(mine was provided by Verizon) appear that do not normally appear when my computer searches for available networks. We have the Actiontech MI4WR router provided by Verizon. I have reset the router several times, unplugged and plugged back in. Restarted the computer. All solutions to normally fix connection issues do not work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(6,580 Views)

My first suggestion is to check the channel that your wireless network is using today.  Many things can interfere with a wireless network.

If you have the Actiontec router, log into the router:  

1. http://192.168.1.1

2  Select Wireless Settings from the top menu bar

3.  View Channel. If set to 0 that means its automatic.

4.  Select basic Security Settings

5.  Option 3 should be channel settings.  Choose 1,6,11.  Try each one of those starting with 1 and see if that helps.

6.  If its already set to a channel try automatic or choose one of the other three channels.  Keep in mind even though you have channels 1-11 available it is recommended to use of of the three non-overlapping channels 1,6 or 11.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.