wireless network not appearing
kat11171
Enthusiast - Level 1

last night my wireless network suddenly disappeared and is no longer showing up on any device. fios tv, internet and phone all functioning fine. i tried rebooting the router and checked cables and wire connections. i have not tried the reset, but are there any other possible solutions? the verizon in home agent seems to be down so that is not an option. 

0 Likes
Re: wireless network not appearing
jonjones1
Legend

@kat1117 wrote:

last night my wireless network suddenly disappeared and is no longer showing up on any device. fios tv, internet and phone all functioning fine. i tried rebooting the router and checked cables and wire connections. i have not tried the reset, but are there any other possible solutions? the verizon in home agent seems to be down so that is not an option. 

I am going to say you could try a full reset of the router, and if it still does not broadcast your network SSID (wifi network name) then it may be a bad router.

1-800-VERIZON is where you would call. They will troubleshoot first and if it cannot be fixed via their resetting the router, then can send a new one.

in your owners manual there is a section on wifi settings etc. sometimes the switch to activate the wifi on and off can fix the issue. Another thing you could try is to set the SSID to a new made up name to see if it shows up. You might also change the wifi password (just remember what the network name and password was changed to)

then turn the wifi enabled devices totally off, wait a minute and then do a search for the newly named network and connect with it. Use the new password to log in.

hopefully it will fix the issue.