Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

wireless products

ginamarie11
Contributor
Contributor

wireless products

Message 1 of 3
(2,342 Views)

OK BEAR WITH ME I AM A COMPUTER DUMMY.  WITH MY TYPE OF HI SPEED INTERNET FIOS 15/5 CAN I USE A WIRELESS PRINTER COPIER SCANNER AND FAX?  A HI SPEED ANSWER WOULD BE AWESOME.

THANKS  GINA MARIE

2 REPLIES 2
Anti-Phish
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: wireless products

Message 2 of 3
(2,317 Views)

@ginamarie11 wrote:

OK BEAR WITH ME I AM A COMPUTER DUMMY.  WITH MY TYPE OF HI SPEED INTERNET FIOS 15/5 CAN I USE A WIRELESS PRINTER COPIER SCANNER AND FAX?  

Yes, the Verizon provided FIOS router is a wireless router.

Check the documentation of your printer/copier/scanner for instructions on how to connect to a wireless router.

In general, your printer/copier/scanner will need to know the SSID of your router and it's encryption key.  Assuming you haven't changed these settings in the router, you will find the SSID and WEP key printed on the label on the underside of your router.

lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: wireless products

Message 3 of 3
(2,240 Views)

Keeping what Anti-Phish has said already, I will add that there a several reports of difficulties with wireless printer setups (Brother being one of the most often mentioned) having difficulty connecting.   So you may want to search the brand you're thinking of buying to see if there are any reports of connectivity issues.

Technically, there shouldn't be any issue ... the technology is all standards based ... but a few printers seem to have issues.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title