Re: you are screwed if you sign up a contract and move
hengest1066
Enthusiast - Level 2

(Correction....$250 for the next 5 months is what I meant to say)

0 Likes
thatchick

So is it possible to change from fios to dsl, after moving to a location that does not allow fios due to the dish not allowed on the buildings??

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@thatchick wrote:

So is it possible to change from fios to dsl, after moving to a location that does not allow fios due to the dish not allowed on the buildings??

What dish?Smiley Indifferent Fios does not use a dish.

0 Likes
cmarievalle

PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE SIGN UP FOR FIOS. THEY WILL {please keep your posts courteous}IF YOU HAVE TO MOVE!!!!!

We live in Southern California and we need to move and have FIOS. We do not want to TERMINATE FIOS but just TRANSFER the service to our new house.  We were told by a VERY RUDE customer service representative that Verizon does not offer FIOS at our new address.  Our current home is in the San Gabriel Valley and we are only moving 10 miles away!!!! 
I can see if we were moving to some remote area but give me a break!  Since VERIZON DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE FIOS AT THE NEW ADDRESS WE HAVE TO PAY THE ETF!!!!!!  We do not mind paying a prorated ETF similiar to what they offer on their wireless plans but they do not offer that!!

VERIZON IS ONLY OUT FOR THEMSELVES A{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
RavensFlt13

ok, but what happens when I am willing to stay in contract, but FiOS is not offered in my area? I am moving to a house where all they offer is DirecTV and broadband. I do not want either. My contract is for FiOS everything and anything else is just too slow.

I was told that because they offer services, I would have to pay the ETF...but yet they are not offering what my contract is for.

0 Likes
joyzhaosun
Enthusiast - Level 1
Totally agree with you. And that is why I did a BBB.
0 Likes