$0.02 re: universal remote programming for off-brand TVs
endall

Hello,

Just a briefing on my experience getting my "off-brand" tv to work with my universal remote supplied by my cable provider. I do not have Verizon but perhaps this can help anyway:

I purchased a Viore 24" model LED24VF60 and of course my Charter Cable remote control did not have the Viore brand listed as a TV code but I did get it to work by performing a code search with the remote. Look in your remote control's manual and follow the instructions, it DID work work for me--I can control the TV's volume (and mute) and turn it on/off.

For the Charter OCAP 4-Device Remote Control (by Universal Electronics) the procedure for searching for a TV code is as follows:

1. Turn on TV

2. On the remote, press TV once (TV key blinks once). Then press and hold SET UP until the TV key blinks twice.  

3. Enter 9 9 1 (TV key blinks twice).

4. Press 1 (TV key blinks twice).

5. Aim remote at TV and press Power.

6. Press and release the CH+ key continuously, then stop when TV turns off.

7. Press Power. The TV should turn on, then press SET UP to lock in the code.

Note: If the TV does not turn on in step 7, then slowly press and release CH- to go back through the codes, then press SET UP when the TV turns on.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: $0.02 re: universal remote programming for off-brand TVs
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello endall,

Thanks for the information, you can also share your information at

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

Thanks

Shamika_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes