3D Programming and 7000 Series set top box
kurtw47
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to watch ESPN 3D but the screens are split on my Panasonic 3D Plasma screen.  It is part of the Ultimate HD package but I have not been able to see it.  The technicians at Verizon give me a different story each time I talk to them.  One of the techs told me I need a 7000 series box to view 3D content.  Can anyone tell me if this is true or give me suggestions to make this work?  I also wonder if I need to connect the HDMI cable from the set top box directly to the tv via a 1.4 HDMI cable without going through my "non 3D capable" receiver or if a 1.3 HDMI cable will work like it does with my Playstation.  Thanks.

Kurt

0 Likes
Re: 3D Programming and 7000 Series set top box
tns
Master - Level 2

If you are still on 1.8, as I am, you must manually set your TV to 3d mode and select top/bottom (for ESPN 3d) or side by side for some of other 3d offerings  Supposedly with 1.9 it should send the signal that causes most 3D Tv's to switch to the correct mode.

If you are going through a device like an audio-receiver that doesn't support 1.4 you may also are back to manually setting your TV.

0 Likes
Re: 3D Programming and 7000 Series set top box
AJP1168
Enthusiast - Level 2
I had the same problems. This is what you need to do if you haven't tried it yet. EPSN 3D broadcasts in 720P, so you have to go to settings and change your video settings to 720P, my guess is you probably have it set to 1080i. After setting it to 720p, then set your TV 3D setting to top and bottom and it should merge the picture. I would set the setting back to 1080i when you are done with watching the channel, the movies on demand I believe are 1080i and 3D setting side by side. Hope that helps.
0 Likes