4K HDR Olympics programming?
cseaman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the breaking news is that NBC and Comcast are offering day-after viewing of Olympics coverage in 4K HDR...why is Verizon not providing this level of programming to its customers?  I can watch dozens of Netflix programs in 4K and HDR...

You claim to the FCC that you're far better equipped than third-party providers to be the ones to put set-top boxes in the hands of consumers, so where's the support for 4K HDR formats?

I just signed on for 2 more years, FIOS, you guys had better introduce to your customers some leading tech innovations soon.  You can't hang your hat on the "fiber optic quality" tagline for much longer.

Re: 4K HDR Olympics programming?
rcardie1

The only think I watch on fios is sports.  I am very dissapointed to hear that Comcast has the olympics in 4k and fios does not.  Is there time to fix this????  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

2) Verizon currently does not have a STb that supports 4K.

You may have success if there is an NBC Olympics app that does have 4K and you could use your Fios login for it.

cseaman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

NBC, being a Comcast subsidiary, has stated that they're not going to offer 4K streaming to everyone via the NBCOlympics.com web site.  They did, however, make the programming available to providers...Dish and DirecTV announced that they'll be carrying it on their 4K-capable channels.  FIOS is really behind on this and it's showing more every day.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

“I just signed on for 2 more years, FIOS, you guys had better introduce to your customers some leading tech innovations soon.  You can't hang your hat on the "fiber optic quality" tagline for much longer”.

why couldn’t they? They have been touting the “best wireless in more places “ for over 35 years. And they are correct in saying that as of today’s technology. 

Verizon bought out bankrupt MCI communications which went belly up putting fiber out there. They then built out fiber optics when others were doing nothing. So yeah their claims with fiber are 100% correct. And in this case they are not lying.

Now because set top boxes are not up to cable standards means nothing. It is a device and not a set service. Eventually the boxes will be upgraded when I cannot say. I don’t use their tv.

you have to wait 

0 Likes
TioStuart

FiOS One has three 4K channels available and regularly shows Fox Sports on it as upscaled 4K from HD. In fact this weekend it will offer the Westminster Do Show and NASCAR in upscaled 4K HDR. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes