Switch Account

ABC to Stream Live TV on Apple Devices

ABC to Stream Live TV on Apple Devices

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 1 of 5
(2,352 Views)

I was reading an article on the NYT that says ABC will allow Cable and Satellite viewers to watch live TV on an app called Watch ABC.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/media/abc-to-let-app-users-live-stream-local-programming....

Anyone know if this will include Verizon FIOS service in this?  

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 5
(2,348 Views)

From the story: "Transmitting television via live stream requires new deals with traditional distributors, like Comcast, DirecTV and Verizon FiOS, and with the owners of ABC’s affiliates. Gaining Hearst’s backing ahead of Tuesday’s upfront was important to ABC because it lent some local support to the app effort."

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 3 of 5
(2,261 Views)

@jumpin68ny wrote:

I was reading an article on the NYT that says ABC will allow Cable and Satellite viewers to watch live TV on an app called Watch ABC.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/media/abc-to-let-app-users-live-stream-local-programming....

Anyone know if this will include Verizon FIOS service in this?  

Jim

Is this any different from the FiOS app that many of us have that gets all channels and on demand on

our iPads and other devices?

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 5
(2,242 Views)
The fios app does not allow local channels, abc, NBC, CBS etc.

With this app in ny I can watch abc (7). Can't do that with the fios app
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 5 of 5
(2,224 Views)

Tried it out yesterday and it works flawlessly. I don't watch a lot of ABC until college football season, but I'm going to keep checking it out nonetheless. Hope this is just the start for live streaming locals.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.