AMC HD is Low Quality

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: AMC HD is Low Quality

Message 31 of 37
(2,346 Views)

Its not FIos.

Reportedly Comcast gets the same feed as others.   So .....

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 32 of 37
(2,331 Views)
AMC has been low quality period, ever since they start showing idiotic commercials and constantly run the annoying graphics on screen. I know that is not the answer you were looking for LOL but don't watch AMC any more (same goes with once great now the equally terrible IFC).
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 33 of 37
(2,324 Views)

I posted much earlier in this thread that AMC HD did not seem that great to me but not as bad as it does to all of you. Right now I just tuned to AMC HD and The Juror is on, and the picture is really EXCELLENT, even the ads are good! In fact, it looks even better than Forever Young on HDNet Movies. How can that be? Has something changed? Or are the issues all of you see VHO dependent? I am in VHO 1 if that makes any difference.

Just wondering. And strange....

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 34 of 37
(2,310 Views)

@Justin wrote:

I posted much earlier in this thread that AMC HD did not seem that great to me but not as bad as it does to all of you. Right now I just tuned to AMC HD and The Juror is on, and the picture is really EXCELLENT, even the ads are good! In fact, it looks even better than Forever Young on HDNet Movies. How can that be? Has something changed? Or are the issues all of you see VHO dependent? I am in VHO 1 if that makes any difference.

Just wondering. And strange....

Keller, TX 76248

I don't watch it much, but several things can make a difference.  A program with a low amount of movement is more likely to still look good even at a lower bit rate.  And some tv's will show up errors more than others and some have circuits to correct some types of common Mpeg errors.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 35 of 37
(2,259 Views)

To Justin-

What is VHO1?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 36 of 37
(2,253 Views)

@ritchwise wrote:

To Justin-

What is VHO1?

VHO = Video Hub Office

Here is a link to a description and list of VHOs:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16492

VHO01 is in the DFW area in North Texas. I guess it is VHO01 because FiOS TV was first delivered to customers here in Keller, TX.

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 37 of 37
(2,044 Views)

If you have this issue, consider voting here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Improve-AMC-HD-Feed/idi-p/330055

A Verizon tech confirmed to me that the Burlington, MA VHO has a terrible AMC HD feed and that Verizon is aware of the problem.  Perhaps voting will help Verizon make this problem a higher priority.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.