Re: Accuweather Improvements
mph101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with what has been said.  Endless long details on smaller towns and cities in the NE.

Of course this is because Accu Weather is based up in PA or NJ I believe and the core market left for Verizon FIOS is in the mid atlantic and the NE.  The rest doesn't matter its all sold off to the pitiful Frontier.

This is the first time since I have had any cable provider that a local radar with local weather alerts isn't included.  Waiting for Accu weather to slowly cycle to Tampa is a waste of cable bandwith.  The graphic suck though they did tune down th confused blinding bnright white.  Its still chaos.

When severe weather pops up I want to see the alert on a crawler and the local radar.  There is no problem interputing regular viewing for a emergency alert test  but where is the radar showing the water spouts 2 miles away??

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Accuweather is based in PA.  But it is nationwide and widely used.  However there TV service does not appear to be setup well for Nationwide coverage.

0 Likes
AtomyckC6
Enthusiast - Level 1
This has bugged me for a while, even finding a way to express my displeasure with the weather programming. WC did get off track, but what we have now is really wasting bandwidth. I wondered like others why the NE was always on. I'm in Tampa so rarely care what is happening in the NE. Beyond that the programming is poor even if I did live in the NE. I would think someone would be embarrassed to say that what they were doing was really weather coverage. The competitors inTampa have great local and national coverage. Think I will go back. Just another nail in the verizon box. Too bad, I do like the picture quality. That's it. Doesn't sound like it is going to improve, especially with the sellout (correct term I think). Said my piece.
Schnauzer3

Accuweather is absolutely useless unless you live in the Northeast.  Every single time i turn to to the channel the weather is for the Northeast -- switching people on/off camera every 2 minutes (estimate).  Verizon made a terrible decision based on their bottom line - not based on customer satisfaction.  Unfortunately Verizon is my only choice as AT&T doesn't have cable lines in my area and i don't want to switch to satellite.  Otherwise i would have dropped Verizon for making a terrible business deciison that they aren't willing to change - despite all the complaints from their customers.  Drop Accuweather -- it's not worth a penny!

0 Likes
Speedy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree the Accuweather Channel is very poorly implemented but if you try the Accuweather Widget you get all the info you would need on demand without the talking heads.  You can set it for your own zip code by default and also set up other zip codes you might want to check on which you can toggle through.

0 Likes
gman110
I need local radar. Severe storms coming my way and fios is telling me nothing. Accuweather, no radar, widget, no radar, fios channel 1, no radar.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Widget has radar.

Just not motion on it.

0 Likes
Weather Channel
wantWCback
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since we are stuck with this horrible weather channel.....well they call it a weahter channel

anyway how do contact them to change it a bit

1.  change the background and type:  currently it is hare do read

2   get rid of the side screen and expand the map

3   Most of all stop with everyone popping in for 2 mins.  it is enough to give a person motion sickness.  stick with one person

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

The weather widget doesn't work about half the time for me. It will say no data available and ask to troubleshoot. It is a very poor substitute for Weatherscan. 

0 Likes
TNTTX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree - Accuweather is worthless.   Verizon needs to consider what their customers want and NEED...