Accuweather Improvements
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As it looks like Accuweather is here to stay:

AccuWeather is proud to partner with Verizon, America’s most preferred TV service provider rated #1 in picture quality by the 2014 American Customer Satisfaction Index, to bring a superior new broadcast channel to FiOS customers, providing the smarter choice in weather programming. 

I would like to see a thread where people talk about what they would like to see on this channel for improvements.

Here is what Accuweather has said:

Post launch, AccuWeather will continue to enhance its programming features and benefits for FiOS TV customers, constantly evolving and improving products to serve customers, including a hyper-local, personalized weather experience with AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute-by-Minute forecasts and interactive options in a cutting-edge, high quality and engaging presentation, providing highly localized, customized, and tailored programming.  The best in weather will keep getting better, serving customers with the all-weather content they want. (for full details, go here: http://getaccuweather.tv/accuweather-advantage)

I have posted comments on their FB page asking about these items and when we could see some of these rolled out (https://www.facebook.com/AccuWeather?fref=nf)

I suggest that all who are intersted also post constructive comments about what you want to see on our accuweather channel.

Accuweather TV content == Attempt #2
daniel_obrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

My first post on this seems to have been deleted? 

Why is Accuweather TV showing only NORTHEAST USA weather?  I'm down here in Tampa and everytime I check channel 618, they are showing detailed weather, forecast, and radar for the Northeast: Boston, Philly, NYC, DC, etc. 

I once saw them spend 30 seconds on central Texas and Colorado, with a high level satellite picture, but then they switched back to NE USA.

I've contacted Accuweather via tweet and they say they are working on local weather for other areas.  Really? Can't prove it by me.

What no FIOS customers anywhere else than the NE?  Tampa must be orphaned, then.

Re: Accuweather TV content == Attempt #2
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dmobrien2001 wrote:

My first post on this seems to have been deleted? 

What no FIOS customers anywhere else than the NE?  Tampa must be orphaned, then.

Yep, as of next year. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your post was moved: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/The-Weather-Channel/m-p/782908#M26980

They are trying to keep all of the Weather channel related posts in one thread.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

In this case it shouldn't be moved.  It is about Accuweather, and may be will get addressed.  Does anyone know if accuweather has feeds for different areas of the country?

daniel_obrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, the poster above pretty much explained WHY Accuweather focuses on the NE USA. That's the bulk of Verizon FIOS customers.  Perhaps when Verizon completes the sell of the outlying FIOS areas to Frontier, then Frontier might either bring back the WC or adjust the Accuweather feed for the appropriate areas they now own.

0 Likes
Re: Accuweather Improvements
daniel_obrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be nice if the Accuweather BROADCAST covered more than just the NorthEast USA on their current conditions, forecasts, and radar.  I don't care about the scrolls and hyperactive locals on bottom. I want to see maps and hear them talk about MY regional area.

(As an aside, I just learned the Verizon is selling FIOS in Texas and Florida and another state to Frontier, so maybe Frontier will fix the Accuweather problems by reverting to Weather Channel.)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I spent a few minutes tonight with Widget that shows up on channel 49.

It works for me.

I can get local weather for my area code.

I can get hourly forecast, 7 day and radar.

Not sure what else you would want for a quick overview.

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

The widget is very bare bones. No moving radar to see if the rain/snow is moving into or out of your area. Very small print to read. No details on wind which is a big thing in the winter. Overall just very inferior product from what weatherscan was.

I was home yesterday and watched Accuweather more. No detail on the weather  in your area. Its great if you live Palm Springs but next to nothing for my area,DC. The people on it just aren't as polished as the Weather Channel folks. Maybe that will come in time but for now not that good.

All I want to know from my weather is the details for my area. I'm not getting that from Acuuweather and very little from this weather widget. Verizon has totally failed here. Over time I suspect they will lose more than a few customers and may lose many potential new customers when they find out there is no Weather Channel.  

GMinRVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

"So I spent a few minutes tonight with Widget that shows up on channel 49".  

And there is the problem with the WeatherBug channel (49).  I don't want to spend "a few minutes" to check the temperature and local radar.  I want to be able to turn to channel to 49 and see the temp and radar within 5 seconds, like it used to be with the much better service you removed.  I don't always have minutes to devote to opening a widget and hunting for static (USELESS) radar, which  I have yet to find on the widget accessible from Richmond, VA FIOS. 

By the way, I turned on channel 49 and it said to press the FIOS TV button to launch the widget, so I pushed it and nothing happened.  So, I went to the widget area and clicked on the Weatherbug widget and I saw an amaturish 7 day forcast, but still no radar. Its like Verizon changed to an inferior option without it even being ready for viewing.  

• Why would Verizon FIOS treat their paying customer so poorly? 
  • Did anyone at FIOS even look at or try the Weatherbug widget prior to the change?  If so, why didn't they fix it prior to launch?  
  • Did Verizon FIOS think no one would miss having a dynamic local radar channel, NOT A WIDGET?  
  • ON WHAT DATE WILL I BE ABLE TO TURN TO CHANNEL 49 AND SEE LIVE LOCAL RADAR?

A VERY UPSET CUSTOMER.......................