Re: Ad Council Ads
mcg973
Enthusiast - Level 1

I posted this message originally so I am glad to see other people are seeing this and I am not losing my mind.

I live in New Jersey so seems like they traverse the country.

These ads went away for about a month but seem to have returned. They no longer play the Discover the Forest Ads, but I still see Love Has No Labels and the Recycling ads.

Hopefully they all stop soon!

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its all what the Ad concil is paying for in various markets Not specifically what Verizon is doing other than accepting  ads.  I have actually rarely seen any of the ads being mentioned in Florida.  I did see them more often on NY.

0 Likes
Re: Ad Council
Wireman525
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting an honest answer on this topic from Verizion is next to impossible, I'll give you my suspicions as to why I'm see 4 back to back recycle bottle PSA spots.

It was mentioned that the cable channels control PSAs broadcast incertions. This may be partally true. However, Verizon's Ad Sales also have PSAs they can and do incert locally for any given area.

I suspect that Vesizon is losing revenue and does not have clients to fill the commercial air-time spots.  They use these PSAs to fill this void.  This becomes a business write-off for lost revenue. 

I suspect that this is a tell-tail sign of a bigger problem for Verizon.  The playing field for Verizon to build its FIOS platform in New Jersey was not by the same rules that cable companies had to conform to to win a franchise in any particular town.

Verizon, (through deep pockets and political connections) were able to "pick & choose" the towns they wanted to build out.

Verizon has stopped its investment in anymore building FIOS in NJ towns. If this is true, (I am only speculating here) As our economy struggles, people are looking for more choices in TV viewing at a cheaper cost.  This in turn lowers Verizon's viewership as well as ad sales revenue. Without paying advertisers, Verizon has no why to fill the air-time spots so they run PSAs back to back twice for 4 repeats. 

0 Likes
maffonso

I too live in Southern Westchester with FIOS. It is beyond annoying to see the Recycle ad continuously 6 times an hour!! I watch the cable 'news' programs. CNN/FOX/MSNBC. The Reycle Commercial is idiotic and plays three times per session. I switch to the other channel then switch back when it is over. I have also STOPPED recycling specifically due to this commercial. Anyone know who are FIOS is responsible for this?

0 Likes
Re: Ad Council
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Wireman525 wrote:

Getting an honest answer on this topic from Verizion is next to impossible, I'll give you ...

You do know that these Forums are Peer to Peer.  Verizon Forum admins may occasionally respond, but then usually to problems that need escalating to support.  They will not respond to posts like yours.

0 Likes