Adding Channels without Sports
Arlington_DS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will admit to being a bit frustrated and I'm not simply venting - looking for suggestions. I do not watch sports. Ever. In fact, I remove them from my TiVo interface so that they don't even show up when I'm scrolling through channels. Lots of news, movies, entertainment ... but no sports. But I noticed there were a few channels that I'd like that I don't get including BBC America, Logo, and several others. These are only available on Ultimate HD (I have Preferred HD).

So in order to add what are probably 12 channels that I want, and a whole bunch of sports channels that I don't want, my bill will go up $70/month. Just seems nuts.

Any suggestions from anyone? Or am I simply stuck (not a happy place to be). Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Adding Channels without Sports
catsandbats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too would prefer to be able to get a package with more channels without any of the sports channels.  Given that ESPN and the like pay for the "honor" of carrying various sports events I'd just as soon they not get any of my money (from the channel package) to pay the greedy owners of professional sports.  

Maybe if enough people chime in (not likely admittedly) verizon will create a package that doesn't have any sports packages but has things like Discovery, Animal Planet, BBC, America, Smithsonian, TNT, etc. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Custom package is the only one with essentially no sports.  Verizon to date is the only cable/satellite company to take the move to seperate the sports packages from a basic package.

0 Likes
Arlington_DS
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be a great answer except that there are a number of channels that are not available under Custom Programming - believe me, I looked and was hoping that would be the answer. But if you look at the Verizon lists online, channels such as CNN International, BBC World News, Fusion, National Geographic, Smithsonian, to name a few - are not available under any Custom Programming Package. So in order to get those channels, the only option is Ultimate HD which adds mostly sports, which means I'm paying for mostly channels I never watch.

Pretty frustrating.

0 Likes