Adding Heroes & Icons on WSBK 38.2 to replace H&I on defunct WYCN 13.2
Clinton2

Hi,

Our FIOS was carring WYCN 13.2 (out of Nashua, NH) that ran the "Heroes & Icons" service as their full daily programming . WYCN 13.2 ceased operation on 1/16/18.  Currently there is just a placeholder message on FIOS channel 22, where WYCN was shown. However, the same "Heroes & Icons" all-day-long programming is also carried on WSBK 38.2 (out of Boston, MA). Is it possible to simply have FIOS pick up WSBK 38.2 and show it on channel 22?

0 Likes
Re: Adding Heroes & Icons on WSBK 38.2 to replace H&I on defunct WYCN 13.2
Acountie

I second this request to pick up the WSBK 38.2 feed. Thank you. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may not be possible.

There are rules that govern what areas are covered by which channels.

And usually a cable provider has to carry the primary channel before they can carry a sub channel like this.

0 Likes
Acountie

The primary channel source (WYCN) was recently sold and is no longer broadcasting anything.  FiOS already carries WSBK 38, so the request is to also now pick up WSBK 38.2.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try contacting the station as well.

They may offer insight as to status.

BTW, do you know if any other cable providers have started carrying it yet?

0 Likes
zurn

About Hero's & Icons out of Nashua NH

no longer sending programing to Fios channel 22

I guess we need rabbit ears and scan for WSBK channel 38 out of Boston

0 Likes
Trek_fan

Happy to see post about WSBK38.2 in Boston carrying Heros and Icons. I hope verizon could pick up heros and icons  again on their line up. The place holder on 22 doesn't answer the question can Verizon transmitt Heros and Icons or not? May just invest in rabbit ears to see if we can pick up this great channel?

0 Likes
DAVIDAMORSE1701

I believe Channel 22 will begin broadcasting programing of NBC 10. My settop box shows program names and descriptions of NBC 10 already but no programing yet just the message of no programing sent by broadcaster. Maybe Channel 10 will show H&I Boston 38.2 in the future. I don't know. Sorry to see it removed as I watched All Star Trek too Trek_fan.

0 Likes
Schmuckinatruck

I called Verizon shortly after the change. The rep told me they have no plans yet of picking up H&I

0 Likes