Am subscribed to FiOS TV Extreme HD. Does that include Sports?
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I have been a Fios customer (NY metropolitan area)  for a little over a month. I have the triple play package. The Fios TV portion is called the FiOS TV Extreme HD package. I have seen on this forum where some subs are saying that the Sports package is included in the HD Extreme package. When I first had the service installed I was receiving the Golf channel.However that only lasted about two weeks and now whenever I tune into that channel it says I am not subscribed to that channel. Can someone tell me whether or not the Sports channels are supposed to be included in the FiOS TV Extreme HD?

Thanks

Message Edited by BelTelMel on 09-28-2008 07:49 PM
0 Likes
Re: Am subscribed to FiOS TV Extreme HD. Does that include Sports?
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Yes, the sports channels are included in the Extreme package. If you are not receiving any/all, call FIOS support and have them added.
0 Likes
Sports NOT included FiOS TV Extreme HD.
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I called the FIOS support center and was told that the Sports Package w/ Golf Channel is "not" included in FIOS TV Extreme HD. I was told that sports package is an additional $7.99 per month. I spoke to two customer reps. Both conferred with their department supvs. and insisted that the only way to get the Golf Channel is to subscribe for an additional $7.99 as I currently subscribe to HBO, Cinemax and Movies package ($30). Smiley Sad

0 Likes
UPDATE: Sports include to be included FiOS TV Extreme HD as of 10/4/2008
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3
Just got off the phone with the Fios support center and was told that yes indeed as of tomorrow (October 4th) FiOS TV Extreme HD will in fact include all of the sports package channels including Golf, Tennis etc... This is a new launch set for 10/4/2008. There will also be changes made to the FiOS TV Essentials package. Since I already have the Extreme HD package, the Golf Channel will be free as of tomorrow. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
0 Likes