quick menu

Amazon Prime app

Contributor 1Virginian
Contributor
Message 1 of 15
(13,875 Views)

I, too, would like an app to access Amazon Prime movies. My parents have Comcast, and Amazon movies can be accessed through the app, and they are included in the search as a choice. Unfortunately I can't get Comcast where I am. They are really more advanced than Verizon considering the number of available apps and even with the remote that lights up on movement.

14 REPLIES 14
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 15
(13,861 Views)

Amazon prime movies can be seen on iPads or iPhones and android devices as well as on home laptops and computers. Roku or chromcast devices and through Apple TV 

you just need your prime login email and password to view content.

fios is not the only way to access prime.

Contributor JFR_Limerick
Contributor
Message 3 of 15
(13,292 Views)

I agree.  It is ridiculous that Fios doesn't have an app to allow people to stream Prime Video or NetFlix.  As much as I like FIOS, I may have to switch back to Comcast just to get the features they offer.  Verizon is way behind.

Contributor GregPitt
Contributor
Message 4 of 15
(13,263 Views)

I would also like to see an Amazon Prime app/widget

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 5 of 15
(13,202 Views)

Netflix is available as a channel on your STB. It is 838 I believe.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor shells44
Contributor
Message 6 of 15
(12,941 Views)

I have the NetFlix app on my Fios menu screen.

Contributor shells44
Contributor
Message 7 of 15
(12,940 Views)

I would too.  They have a connection to Amazon ( free year prime membership with new bundle)so why not the app?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 8 of 15
(12,877 Views)

Two different functions. Cable providers have incentives all the time.

Adding in a streaming provider costs more money to develop the functionalitly to add to STB. And then there is costs for upkeep and support.

Plus probably some sort of dedicated connectivity to their network to support good quality streaming.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor logantn
Contributor
Message 9 of 15
(8,480 Views)

I used to be able to access Prime, Hulu, etc., through my Smart TV. Why were they removed???

Contributor logantn
Contributor
Message 10 of 15
(8,479 Views)

Agreed, but FIOS should not be taking access from our TVs. That’s just crazy and will lose them customers. My TV came with access and now has none. Crazy? Yep. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios