Amazon Prime app
1Virginian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, would like an app to access Amazon Prime movies. My parents have Comcast, and Amazon movies can be accessed through the app, and they are included in the search as a choice. Unfortunately I can't get Comcast where I am. They are really more advanced than Verizon considering the number of available apps and even with the remote that lights up on movement.

Re: Amazon Prime app
jonjones1
Legend

Amazon prime movies can be seen on iPads or iPhones and android devices as well as on home laptops and computers. Roku or chromcast devices and through Apple TV 

you just need your prime login email and password to view content.

fios is not the only way to access prime.

0 Likes
JFR_Limerick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  It is ridiculous that Fios doesn't have an app to allow people to stream Prime Video or NetFlix.  As much as I like FIOS, I may have to switch back to Comcast just to get the features they offer.  Verizon is way behind.

GregPitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would also like to see an Amazon Prime app/widget

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Netflix is available as a channel on your STB. It is 838 I believe.

shells44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the NetFlix app on my Fios menu screen.

0 Likes
shells44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would too.  They have a connection to Amazon ( free year prime membership with new bundle)so why not the app?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two different functions. Cable providers have incentives all the time.

Adding in a streaming provider costs more money to develop the functionalitly to add to STB. And then there is costs for upkeep and support.

Plus probably some sort of dedicated connectivity to their network to support good quality streaming.

logantn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to be able to access Prime, Hulu, etc., through my Smart TV. Why were they removed???

0 Likes
logantn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed, but FIOS should not be taking access from our TVs. That’s just crazy and will lose them customers. My TV came with access and now has none. Crazy? Yep. 

0 Likes