Re: Amazon Prime app
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has no control over the apps on your TV. If amazon app has been removed, it would be that TV manufacturer no longer supports it.

krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios has a widget for Netflix, so just press the widget button on the remote and arrow to Netflix. 

Prior to this week we could get all Prime, Netflix and Hulu and all the others in the bottom bar. We started to have a problem with all 3 of our paid services. We tried all the suggestions and finally thought it was our Samsung Curve TV box, so we called Samsung. They were nice enough to check and told us that there wasn’t enough bandwidth coming in to support these services, so the problem is Verizon. This is further supported by the fact that sometimes Netflix and Hulu come in, like in the AM on the East Coast. We will probably have to cancel Amazon Prime and Hulu because we refuse to pay for services Verizon doesn’t allow us access to, due to lowering the band width and refusing to allow us to add widgets for them. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

We watch Hulu and Netflix (not on STB) regularly with no issues.

We watch Amazon occasionally with no issues.

Have you tried watch via another device (ie cellphone or pc)?

What speed Internet do you have?

krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

We watch on 65” curve 4K tv.  We have the top internet connection FIOS offers.  Prime came in yesterday morning and then stopped working. We reset the whole unit and cable modem with built in router. I think they are playing games with the bandwidth. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) Device is a router only, not a cable modem with router.

2) Have you tried watching on another device. If you are having network issues, it would affect any device. But if other devices work ok, then it is an issue with TV or its connection to your network.

krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are absolutely right.

I think it is the network dropping the connection. 

I started to try to use Prime during  various parts of a day and sometimes it would come in and sometimes it would not.  Seems to mostly work in mid morning and gives me trouble in the early evening. Today, I could not get in at 9 AM.  Will try back at noon.

I am still checking this daily to make sure it is the problem.  Have no idea why it is dropping the network.  Message I was receiving  says network is not connected.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
danivanov
Enthusiast - Level 3

But then you need a fire stick (or whatever) in every room. 

It would be much easier if fios just integrated it like they did with netflix on channel 838

0 Likes
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

No offense but that wasn't the poster's point.  Thanks for the info but we are all aware of that.  I too agree especially as a new FiOS customer that I am disappointed FiOS doesn't have an Amazon Prime App and without even looking I bet it has some crap to do with FiOS at odds with Amazon?  Or competition etc. Samsung took away our ability to use Skype on TV's with cameras due to some **bleep** between the companies and XFinity did the same thing taking away Starz. It's all ridiculous considering how much we pay for these services. I was also pretty shocked and disappointed to find out how few apps FiOS has.  Also for some reason my HDMI1 connection on my Samsung TV will not let me use Netflix (opens up but then errors every time you attempt to watch anything). Not a huge deal I can still use it through my old Samsung TV but little ridiculous considering the Samsung TV is 2014 model in fios isn't caught up in 2019?  Side note here I found that I could get FiOS's Netflix App/channel to work if I switch to HDMI4 (MHL Android slot vs HDMI1 STB port that errors), but FiOS set top will then not allow me to change or keep my resolution at the 4K level (2160P) and UHD Color is not an option (which sounds like very outdated setup on FiOS's end as I said never any issues using any port with Xfinity).

Just all gets very confusing/annoying spending so much time trying to figure out how to use something that should work in doesn't in the end with no explanation. Or in this case that isn't even there i.e. Prime App on FiOS's all new TV One.

Total side note here but if a FiOS rep sees this please inform your IT department or web dev that anytime I attempt to go back and select something within this message/forum response box to correct typos, grammatical errors etc -  the entire box scrolls all the way back up to the top of what you have written and you have to scroll back down to find where your cursor is. It's SUPER, INSANELY MADDENING! Feels almost as though it's perhaps a purposely written code for people with verbal diarrhea problems like me LOL LOL!  

So yeah FiOS please work on these issues that should never have been issues to begin with.  Thank you! 

0 Likes
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you and no offense, but we all know that. Much like another comment above stating the same unrelated information about the availability of the Netflix App through FiOS this information has no impact - and again no offense just being honest - or place in this discussion that is completely and ONLY about FiOS customers rightfully being annoyed that the Amazon.Prime.App. is not available when it has been through Xfinity for over 5 yrs now.

Be great to have a response from an actual knowledgeable employee with a straight forward answer as to why it is not.  As I commented on another post above I would put money on it being some issue between the two companies. If that is the case it will obviously **bleep** all of us off, but wouldn't that be easier to give a straightforward answer not random attempts at appeasement with a totally unrelated post about another App that is available?

Just sayin...would save a lot of time if huge conglomerate companies that have a networth (as of 2019) of ~$43 BILLION DOLLARS. Apologies had to get that out.  But really does seem pretty straightforward and doesn't it? 

0 Likes
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously?  Please see my obvious comment above as to why this comment has no place in this discussion, is totally unrelated (as I said above to the other "contributor" that offered this inane response as well....sorry really no offense), and I'm wondering if the moderator in this forum might be asleep?  

This.discussion.is.about.Amazon.Prime. Telling customers - that are looking to be heard out and given answers to their relevant questions as they should be as loyal customers - about totally unrelated information here about Netflix is not helpful. 

0 Likes