Re: Amazon Prime app
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now THIS would be the only part of this discussion thus far - that I have read -  where bringing up Netflix would be appropriate since you basically just told us all the hardships, costs, responsibilities, etc that FiOS would... No wait DID and already have successfully made it through to offer the Netflix App. I'm sure a company with a networth of $42 Billion and climbing steeply daily could pretty easily make that same thing happen again since they must have had to and did so successfully with Netflix!! Thank you, please escalate to an actual FiOS employee with the ability to make this happen and maybe leave the responses and not-answers to forum questions to them in the future?  I'm seriously sorry this time that was overtly passive aggressive. I've had a week and perhaps I'm deflecting my frustration and annoyance with how often can I scan these forums only to find endless responses from non-employees that could probably have just not been submitted.

I really am not trying to attack just hoping to help with efficiency here and the ability to actually get the answers we are all looking for in these questions we are asking as we pay FiOS close to $200 month of not more.

Thx!

0 Likes
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ummmm I might be misinterpreting your question but there is no connection of any kind to the apps on your smart TV and the apps on your Verizon FiOS set-top. Different companies no connection.

If you meant you used to have access to all of those apps through your Verizon FiOS set-top I think you may be mistaken and confusing it with the apps available as I said on your smart TV for example I have a Samsung smart TV where I can use Amazon Prime and have been able to ever since I bought it in 2014. However much like many other customers here I was and am annoyed and disappointed to have just become a customer and find that in 2019 FiOS still doesn't have it.

Gluck everyone I'm gonna get off her before everyone hates me hahhaha but maybe in future forum questions and answers we could step 2 what actually is being asked and only giving answers that are actually correct answers for the questions being asked? 🙄

0 Likes
krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Research shows that Verizon is in negotiations to have Amazon Prime placed in the widgets, eventually.  Like everything else it is about money.

My originall problem was my subscriptions (Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime) that I subscribed to stopped working and just spinned, indicating it was trying to load.  These subscriptions came up on  a bar  at the bottom of the screen along with other items, such as Web Browser, Youtube, etc. like .  I could only get to Netflik in their Widget area.   After playing around and not giving up, I discovered there is a process. Netflix, Prime and Hulu were not loading because Verizon had to disconnect from Anynet first (paid attention and actually saw the words flash by).  If I did not wait, they would not load and just kept spinning.  It has worked ever since when I follow this procedure.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 Likes
krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.  See my latest reply.  Summary, we have to wait for our TV to disconnect from Anynet.

0 Likes
krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

True but it the way we prefer to watch it.  My husband and I relax and watch our subscriptions, Prime, Hulu and Netflix on our 65" Smart TV while relaxing on our reclining sofa.  We are older and there is no eye strain.

0 Likes
krisicat
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have a 2014 65" Samsung Curve 4K Smart TV HUH9000 and have no problem once I discovered, I had to wait for FIOS to load and the bottom bar came up at the bottom of the screen.  It's the bar that has a shortcut to my subscriptions, Hulu, Prime, Netflix as well as others, like Youtube, Web Browser, etc.  After many frustrating hours and trying a lot of solutions, I finally saw "disconnecting from Anynet" flash across the screen.  Apparently, you must wait for the entire **bleep** that Verizon loads up.  It has worked since.   Now not only are they advertising movies and you have to hit the Menu to continue, they are placing messages there to that are of no significance.  BTW, I checked my actual TV settings to make sure I had most up-to-date software and I did.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes