Annoying Pop-Up Ads
ToniM1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Happy Friday, People. 🙂

Would someone please explain to me why, if I'm paying for Verizon service, I'm getting all these pop up ads for events and movies and what not?  Not only is it annoying to get them, it adds extra steps to getting to whereever it was you were navigating to.

Is there any way to block those?

Thanks for any replies.

Toni

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Annoying Pop-Up Ads
Justin46
Legend

@ToniM wrote:

Happy Friday, People. 🙂

Would someone please explain to me why, if I'm paying for Verizon service, I'm getting all these pop up ads for events and movies and what not?  Not only is it annoying to get them, it adds extra steps to getting to whereever it was you were navigating to.

Thanks for any replies.

Toni

Sure, easy, just go into

Menu ==> Settings ==> Notifications ==> and disable Popup Alerts, Recommendations, and Promotions

The above is where the settings are located in 1.9.5 of the IMG, if you are still on an earlier level you will need to look around a little, I don't remember exactly where those settings were. Or you can search the Forums, your question has been answered many, many times.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@ToniM wrote:

Happy Friday, People. 🙂

Thanks for any replies.

Toni

Sure, easy, just go into

Menu ==> Settings ==> Notifications ==> and disable Popup Alerts, Recommendations, and Promotions

The above is where the settings are located in 1.9.5 of the IMG, if you are still on an earlier level you will need to look around a little, I don't remember exactly where those settings were. Or you can search the Forums, your question has been answered many, many times.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

ordinaryuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pop ups are worse on the website.  We pay good money for services. D you they need to try to get every last nickel?

Pop up ads  and surveys are for the lowest of the low wesbites.

0 Likes
ordinaryuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

the settings got rid of the annoyance on the set up box.

WHY SO MANY POP-UPS on the website.  I want to check phone message log and have to deal with the popups

The service has been good but should fire the people responsible for the website

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ordinaryuser wrote:

the settings got rid of the annoyance on the set up box.

WHY SO MANY POP-UPS on the website.  I want to check phone message log and have to deal with the popups

The service has been good but should fire the people responsible for the website

Why? To make some money I assume. What kind of things are being advertised, Verizon things or others?

I never see any pop-ups on Verizon's websites, haven't for years. I use a couple of tools to block pop-up ads, trackers, etc., Adblock Plus and Ghostery, they work very well to eliminate pop-ups on all websites and are both free. I am using Firefox on Windows, but there are versions for the most commonly used browsers on Windows systems - Firefox, Google, Chrome, IE, etc. You can go to their websites to see whether they have a version for whatever browser you use.

Out of curiosity, why are you visiting any Verizon websites? I visit My Verizon once a month to pay my bill, I use a direct link to get to webmail once or so a day to check for emails that have been marked as spam that really aren't (I use and highly recommend using an email client rather than depending on the pretty awful Verizon webmail interface for normal use), and direct links to get to the Forums, so even if I didn't block the pop-ups they wouldn't really bother me all that much.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
JuniorAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

My DVR did an update about a week ago arounf 2, 2:30am, ever since then I've been getting these again (NFL Red Zone, various shows)

I've had these on "Never Show Me Again" when it comes to "Notifications," yet they still come up at least once a day when I hit "Guide."  

STOP IT Verizon...I don't have Showtime & I'm not interested in this or anything else!

Pop up ads - FIOS

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes